Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:09 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:14 am 

ChalkyC wrote:
We had a similar email from Olaves re the wait list! It’s good to know I suppose. We got Chis and Sid which was our second choice but also had independent offers and have accepted one of those.

Back to the OP - we *may* have accepted Olaves over an independent but not in the case that we would have to move house for a school we had not looked round or an area we did not know! How did you find the taster morning on Saturday and did that help you make up your mind?

Just checking that, as you have accepted an independent, you have haven't you, notified the LA for Chris and Sid (and/or the school as well) that you will NOT be accepting the place, so that it can be released to someone on the waiting list, who will be delighted?!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:08 pm 

I did email Olave's too (out of interest really) and they replied that my DS will likely get an offer off the waiting list. However, even if the offer comes through, we will decline as he has a scholarship place at an independent school which we have accepted and hopefully another family will be happy too with the Olave's place.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:08 pm 

olucares wrote:
I did email Olave's too (out of interest really) and they replied that my DS will likely get an offer off the waiting list. However, even if the offer comes through, we will decline as he has a scholarship place at an independent school which we have accepted and hopefully another family will be happy too with the Olave's place.

So take yourself OFF St Olave's list now then.....!!!

By sitting there, knowing you are going to reject it, you are delaying the offer to someone else, which may well mean that they have invested in uniform somewhere else, or miss the induction etc. There is no need for you to wait and see if you get offered a place (except for bragging rights, which you don't need)!

Good luck with the school you have got!