Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:53 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:56 pm
Posts: 7
All, my daughter scored 115 in Slough consortium and we live in Reading, last year the cut off was 117 for non catchment, any chances this may come down this year? thanks,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 1:05 pm
Posts: 6582
Location: Reading
satish141 wrote:
All, my daughter scored 115 in Slough consortium and we live in Reading, last year the cut off was 117 for non catchment, any chances this may come down this year? thanks,


Tbh I don’t expect it to change by much, but I could be wrong. Have you got a good alternative?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:30 am
Posts: 3
Also in reading and considering Herschel as an option as our DS has scored 117 for the Slough consortium (he has also just exceeded the cut off mark for Reading but am doubtful of him securing a place given the level of competition and last years lowest scored offer)

I'd heard that Herschel have made changes to their entry criteria....we already know children from or neighbourhood (Lower Earley, Reading) that attend Herschel but I wondered if any of these changes made securing a place when we reside in reading more difficult now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 1:05 pm
Posts: 6582
Location: Reading
Herschel brought in an inner priority area last year.

You can assess the impact of the allocations looking at the historic data thread here.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9313


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 1:05 pm
Posts: 6582
Location: Reading
In previous years we often had parents from LE asking about school transport from LE to Herschel, but last March I don’t remember seeing the same, although we had a number talking about Upton Court. However as a result of Herschel’s admissions changes, the cutoff for Upton Court went up as a result.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:56 pm
Posts: 7
thanks all for the response, so looks like less likely to secure a place on Herschel with 115 and from lower earley, never mind we have 2 choices Holt and Maiden Ealeigh, either of which we are fine, although preference would be Holt Girls School.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 1:05 pm
Posts: 6582
Location: Reading
satish141 wrote:
thanks all for the response, so looks like less likely to secure a place on Herschel with 115 and from lower earley, never mind we have 2 choices Holt and Maiden Ealeigh, either of which we are fine, although preference would be Holt Girls School.


Which one are you in catchment for? You are unlikely to get the one you are not in catchment for. You’ll need to be within a mile of Maiden Erlegh to be sure if a place there.
I can check distance cutoff for Holt later but from memory I doubt it gets as far as LE

ETA last year on allocations day, Holt allocated to 3.196 miles in category G.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 1:05 pm
Posts: 6582
Location: Reading
Have just seen this for Maiden Erlegh School

http://hamiltonit.co.uk/Tools/google_ma ... chment.htm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:56 pm
Posts: 7
Just checked we are only 0.92 miles away from Maiden Earligh and 2.97 miles from Holt (Google Crow Flies measurement), so mostly we should get in either of the schools isn't it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:56 pm
Posts: 7
Tinkers wrote:
satish141 wrote:
thanks all for the response, so looks like less likely to secure a place on Herschel with 115 and from lower earley, never mind we have 2 choices Holt and Maiden Ealeigh, either of which we are fine, although preference would be Holt Girls School.


Which one are you in catchment for? You are unlikely to get the one you are not in catchment for. You’ll need to be within a mile of Maiden Erlegh to be sure if a place there.
I can check distance cutoff for Holt later but from memory I doubt it gets as far as LE

ETA last year on allocations day, Holt allocated to 3.196 miles in category G.


Just checked we are only 0.92 miles away from Maiden Earligh and 2.97 miles from Holt (Google Crow Flies measurement), so mostly we should get in either of the schools isn't it?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2020