Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:25 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:19 am
Posts: 9
hermanmunster wrote:
Looks like there are 3 non selective schools for girls within Grantham and up to 3 miles around. I know that the Priory Ruskin is very popular https://www.compare-school-performance. ... sSecondary

Thks, helpful info.
My yr 11 child has already chosen GCSE subjects. Her options r taught only in 2 of these sch. Is this extenuating?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:51 am
Posts: 9639
Is she going into year 11 now? Goodness what a difficult time to move, - did you contact the LEA before you moved to the area?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:26 pm
Posts: 8240
Teetee3 wrote:
My yr 11 child has already chosen GCSE subjects. Her options are taught only in 2 of these schools. Is this an extenuating circumstance?
Probably - provided you have been able to establish that these schools have room in the option groups you want, and that a pupil from outside would be able to slot in to the course without too much difficulty.

If you were to get a place, but these option groups are already full, the school may require your child to do something else. This could be problematic in Y11 - and the school might argue at appeal that it would significantly increase for them the degree of prejudice that would be caused.

_________________
Etienne


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:19 am
Posts: 9
hermanmunster wrote:
Is she going into year 11 now? Goodness what a difficult time to move, - did you contact the LEA before you moved to the area?


I did, I started to call since April, very difficult to get any meaningful engagement with the team. Really disappointed & stressed to say the list. I have let them know how i feel on how proactive they ve been


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:19 am
Posts: 9
Etienne wrote:
Teetee3 wrote:
My yr 11 child has already chosen GCSE subjects. Her options are taught only in 2 of these schools. Is this an extenuating circumstance?
Probably - provided you have been able to establish that these schools have room in the option groups you want, and that a pupil from outside would be able to slot in to the course without too much difficulty.

If you were to get a place, but these option groups are already full, the school may require your child to do something else. This could be problematic in Y11 - and the school might argue at appeal that it would significantly increase for them the degree of prejudice that would be caused.

Thk u - I ll get on with putting my appeal together. Thk u; really helpful chatting someone. I ll update thks


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2019