Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:29 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:00 pm 

Hi my son scored enough to get into WHSB and CRGS. We visited both and we live both but I'm absolutely tormented by the travel. We didn't really think he would get through so didn't really look into the travelling issues.

There is a coach that goes from our local area on gants hill but it takes over an hour and our son would have to leave home at 6.30am to get the 6.50 coach.

The schools are fantastic but isn't it much to ask of him?

Are there any parents here that send their children from gants hill or south Woodford area? How do the kids cope and manage after school clubs?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:49 pm 

Anyone travelling from gants hill?? Please reply

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:14 pm 

Hi,
Congratulations!
A few of my friends’ children go from newbury park and chadwell heath. They don’t find the journey too onerous, and they seem to be very happy at the westcliff school. Many do do the journey, so your ds would be in the same boat as many others. I think that colchester may be a lot more further though than westcliff?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:59 pm 

I think you know the answer to your question but because you love the schools you want to be persuaded otherwise and have your child leave home at 6.30 5 days a week for up to 7 yrs. I wouldn't do this to myself much less my child. No school is worth having an exhausted child for. Can you move? Is there another more local school you wanted? You say it wasn't expected he would get into either school so I assume you had good alternatives. The journey you are contemplating is far too long and far too early. He will be leaving in the cold and dark when there wont be that many people around. Think about this before you put him through it. Because others have done this it doesnt make it a good choice for your son.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:04 pm 

Bananaperson - I really appreciate your response.
There seem to be quite a few children doing the travel without issue which is good to know. Colchester is further but oddly the coach service leaves later than the one for WC!!

Copella - I also appreciate your response. Thanks for the feedback.