Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: Stationery
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:55 pm 

Mumofgirls wrote:
the onus is on us to prove academic ability first and foremost with extenuating circumstances secondary.
And thirdly: reasons for wanting or needing a place.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... -school#c2

Quote:
I’ve now received an extremely supportive letter from her class teacher and headteacher but it doesn’t appear to go into much detail regarding academic ability, it details her reading age, year 5 report and predicted SATS outcomes as greater depth in all areas but no mention of scaled scores that I’ve seen mentioned elsewhere. Is this going to be sufficient? Many thanks.
You've probably seen what we would suggest here:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... cation#b48
However, appeal panel members are completely independent, so I'm afraid it is really up to your particular panel to decide what they consider to be sufficient.
"Greater depth" instead of a scaled score is probably all right, although strictly speaking it is used only for Writing at the end of KS2. Reading and Maths will have scaled scores.

Post subject: Re: Stationery
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:03 am 

Thank you very for taking the time to reply. I have discussed again with the head and they are adadment they will not give scaled scores so I will have to go with what we have. Just wish my daughter hadn’t had the disruption in her test to begin with and we wouldn’t have even needed to go down this route. Thanks for all the help and advice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13