Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:23 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:24 pm
Posts: 1522
Location: Petts Wood, Bromley, Kent
Encapsulate wrote:
Don't think scores should be a problem as DS got 415 in the Kent test.

Hi Encapsulate, my question was to Mom0407 which is why I included her in the quote, well done to your DS.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:56 am
Posts: 422
Think Dartford has been historically below 400 as they have more places than Judd for ooc - 384, 391 the last couple of years- but as you say, scores are higher this year and the points about transport definitely stand.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:35 pm
Posts: 9
PettswoodFiona wrote:
Encapsulate wrote:
Don't think scores should be a problem as DS got 415 in the Kent test.

Hi Encapsulate, my question was to Mom0407 which is why I included her in the quote, well done to your DS.



My DS has scored more than 400 in Kent test. Unfortunately he didn't score well for KEGS. He will get SHSB. Wen compared to SHSB, DS likes Dartford school.

I am trying to find out the options for any coach which runs between Thurrock & Dartford.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:24 pm
Posts: 1522
Location: Petts Wood, Bromley, Kent
That is a great score Mom0407, only time will tell if it is a good enough score for Dartford OOC, it might seem bizarre saying that but it seems there are a lot of high scores this year. The journey to Dartford does seem very impractical. It sounds like you have some great alternatives that are easier. Please think about what might happen if you do take up a place at Dartford and it all becomes too much, you would then have lost some good but closer options.

Whilst we may give our opinions on this board, you and your DS will know what is best for your family set-up.

Good luck.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:24 pm
Posts: 29
Mrs Bennett in the Admissions team is very helpful - you can email her to ask how many boys are on roll from your area, and whether there are any coaches from Thurrock. If there are, she can give you the correct contact details for the coach company.

Quite frankly, the thought of having to cross the Dartford Crossing twice a day 5x a week (plus Saturdays for compulsory rugby in Year 7) during rush hour for 7 years is pretty unpleasant!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:35 pm
Posts: 9
PettswoodFiona wrote:
That is a great score Mom0407, only time will tell if it is a good enough score for Dartford OOC, it might seem bizarre saying that but it seems there are a lot of high scores this year. The journey to Dartford does seem very impractical. It sounds like you have some great alternatives that are easier. Please think about what might happen if you do take up a place at Dartford and it all becomes too much, you would then have lost some good but closer options.

Whilst we may give our opinions on this board, you and your DS will know what is best for your family set-up.

Good luck.


Thank you. I have to drive only for a year. Then we can shift there after he completes his Year 7.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:35 pm
Posts: 9
BR5mum wrote:
Mrs Bennett in the Admissions team is very helpful - you can email her to ask how many boys are on roll from your area, and whether there are any coaches from Thurrock. If there are, she can give you the correct contact details for the coach company.

Quite frankly, the thought of having to cross the Dartford Crossing twice a day 5x a week (plus Saturdays for compulsory rugby in Year 7) during rush hour for 7 years is pretty unpleasant!



Thank you. Will contact her.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:49 am
Posts: 1
DS is in DGS and I live in Rainham. There is also a lady who runs one from from Grays station.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:55 pm
Posts: 7
I am also looking for commute to dartford Grammar from rainham. Any help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2020