Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:37 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:56 pm 

I hope you're right DAO. I just worry that with the new consortium test there will be bunches of girls with very similar results and the schools will use all the information they can to distinguish them. If a child doesn't have an additional piece of information and someone else does, how cannot it not be a disadvantage.

Eg child A 70% on consortium test vs child B with the same result. Child B has super-high CAT results and a prep head who's willing to vouch for them. Child A has generic report written by stressed primary head with more important things to do.

Who would they take?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:13 pm 

GlazedandBemused wrote:
Who would they take?

They would interview them both and decide from there. These schools are well aware that many primary schools do not do CATS and that many of their heads have little experience of or inclination towards providing supporting information to an application. They want the most able/suited DC and have recruited from the state sector for long enough to know what works. I know if is hard but try not to stress too much. Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:28 pm 

Absolutely.

That is why they do the interview after the test. So they can use the results as a data point but the interview will be more important.

I know girls who get top ten ranks at top schools but are unable to present themselves properly in an interview.

Remember most applicants are applying for at least two schools and can only actually attend one. DG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:10 am 

Argh not sure that helps, the interview was rather brief and she sounds like she gave some odd answers.

Oh well, it's out of our hands now. She's got a definite place at one school (scholarship interview) so we are in a better position than most.