Go to navigation
It is currently Fri May 20, 2022 2:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:51 am
Posts: 10763
Hopefully come March 1st you will get some idea of whether you have a place or whereabouts on the waiting list your son is placed. Are you able to travel to the second and third place schools if you haven't moved by September?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:34 pm
Posts: 20
hermanmunster wrote:
Hopefully come March 1st you will get some idea of whether you have a place or whereabouts on the waiting list your son is placed. Are you able to travel to the second and third place schools if you haven't moved by September?


Thanks yes hope so. Will I know the waiting list number on 1st March itself? 2/3 pref schools are not commutable on a daily basis. have to relocate :-(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:51 am
Posts: 10763
QEdad wrote:
hermanmunster wrote:
Hopefully come March 1st you will get some idea of whether you have a place or whereabouts on the waiting list your son is placed. Are you able to travel to the second and third place schools if you haven't moved by September?


Thanks yes hope so. Will I know the waiting list number on 1st March itself? 2/3 pref schools are not commutable on a daily basis. have to relocate :-(


Looks from last year as though the waiting list positions were issued by e-mail on the day after the allocations.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:09 pm
Posts: 18
The query on whatdotheyknow has received a reply now -

In answer to your enquiry, we can report that the lowest score offered a
place on 1/3/21 was 235 and the lowest score to finally secure admission
into Year 7 in 2021/22, via the waiting list, was 232.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:34 pm
Posts: 20
maddad2022 wrote:
The query on whatdotheyknow has received a reply now -

In answer to your enquiry, we can report that the lowest score offered a
place on 1/3/21 was 235 and the lowest score to finally secure admission
into Year 7 in 2021/22, via the waiting list, was 232.


Cheers Maddad2022. I was expecting this to be a bit lower than 232.

Is there a possibility that a score lower than 232 was offered a seat but was declined as a child would have already accepted another school as it might be too close to Sep?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:45 pm
Posts: 8093
But then they surely would have offered someone else that place, presumably on the same score? Someone would take the place, children have been known to change schools at the very last minute.
From the wording, it could have covered the period up to the end of the first term.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:41 pm
Posts: 11066
Location: Essex
QE admits from the waiting list up to December 31st (the minimum required by the Admissions Code). After that,in year applicants have to sit a further entrance test, if another space becomes available.
https://www.qebarnet.co.uk/admissions-information/admissions-information-parents/

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:23 am
Posts: 694
QEdad wrote:

Is there a possibility that a score lower than 232 was offered a seat but was declined as a child would have already accepted another school as it might be too close to Sep?


A 232 rejected his place at the very end of August.

I'm pretty sure the school succeeds in filling ALL places. So I'm afraid the lowest score to receive an offer last term was 232!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:34 pm
Posts: 20
scary mum wrote:
But then they surely would have offered someone else that place, presumably on the same score? Someone would take the place, children have been known to change schools at the very last minute.
From the wording, it could have covered the period up to the end of the first term.


Yes makes sense..cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:52 am
Posts: 107
Just to add, there may be some 232's who didn't get an offer due to the distance from the school. The only thing I can conclude is that all 236's got in on the offer day (some 235's) and all 233's got admission via waiting list (some 232's).


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2022