Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: DAO Open Day
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:43 pm 

Enjoyed it. The piano accordion introduction set a much warmer tone than last year. The staff were inspiring. Students quite diverse but universally praising the school. I’m struggling to find things not to like.

Post subject: Re: DAO Open Day
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:45 pm 

He was supposed to be in the French Department helping but they gave him time off to do the intro so glad it was worth it.

All the students were given the day off and coming in to help was optional so it was great to see just how many came in.

With more helpers they could do smaller tours which means they can be more focused on those in the tour.

Still loads of people there at gone 530pm because there was so much to see.

Did you get a chance to go into the concert theatre and catch some of the bands? DG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:56 pm 

We tagged on the end of a large group at the beginning but it worked well in the individual rooms as there were plenty of other students to speak to. I spent a long time in the Maths building. Wonderful facilities and passionate staff everywhere. We were there 2-4:30 and didn’t see everything and people were arriving as we left.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:04 pm 

I thought this was excellent and really well run. Teachers very approachable and keen to chat. The pupils likewise. They mentioned open days in October where you can see the school in action and I’m certainly going to attend one of them with my son. I think he’d love it here - if he can get in(!). The queue for the past papers brought home how competitive it will be.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:22 pm 

The October open morning dates are already on the website.

It is really worthwhile to see the school in action on an ordinary working day.

I am surprised to hear about the queue for past papers as they can be ordered from the website and bought from reception during the school term.

I wonder how many Y5 families turned up for the open day only to find out that applications had already closed over a month beforehand.

DG