Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:48 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:43 pm 

Hi

DS & I have been plodding through our prep. We've used the Bond How to Do Maths Book before Xmas to cover the rest of the KS2 syllabus. We've used SD Books 1-4 to cover VR question types since Xmas. We have ignored timings up to now. DS fancied having a go at a timed paper in advance of a mock we have booked in May - it's the one in the Latymer Hall so he can get used to the surroundings.

He scored 22/25 = 88% on half a "Mixed Paper" out of the Bond 10-11+ Stretch Maths Book, in 11 minutes out of an available 30. Then 36/40 = 90% out of Walsh MC VR Set 1 Age 9-10 in 24 out of 25 minutes. He did a lot of fidgeting but managed to stick with it much better than I was expecting. I didn't get him to use the leftover time to go back and check his answers.

The Bond book claims that the "Mixed Paper" is "a level higher than that required to pass the 11+" and the Walsh book is aimed at age 9-10 so is presumably slightly easier.

Can anyone give us an idea about whether we are vaguely on track? Or what scores we should be aiming for?