Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:10 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:51 am 

Interested to know the highest this year and what's the trend this year ? Have the girls scored high or low this year ?
Will the cut off be lower or higher this year ?

Also how does the CEM Redbridge score translate to CCHS ? What's the expected cut off for CCHS this year ?

Any thoughts ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:34 am 

Was the exam harder this year than in the previous years do you think?

Last edited by Walthams on Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:42 am 

Does anyone know when the ranking for woodford comes out?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:28 am 

My daughter passed her exam but scored 109.28. Don’t know if there is any chance for her getting in. Need advice.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:32 am 

You can submit a Freedom of Information (FOI) request to redbridge council to publish the ranking. Then you can find out if she has a chance (the last person admitted last year had a ranking of 286 I think). I hope that helps. Email the person on the results email.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:37 am 

Looks like the scores has been quite on the low side this year or not many parents on this forum. The redbridge forum has been very quiet. Your DD's score is probably one of the highest. My one scored 120.05. I hope that's a secure place as WCHS. Chelmsford's mark is usually +-2 of woodford's mark.

11plus2018 wrote:
Interested to know the highest this year and what's the trend this year ? Have the girls scored high or low this year ?

Also how does the CEM Redbridge score translate to CCHS ? What's the expected cut off for CCHS this year ?

Any thoughts ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:40 pm 

tahm563 wrote:
Looks like the scores has been quite on the low side this year or not many parents on this forum. The redbridge forum has been very quiet. Your DD's score is probably one of the highest. My one scored 120.05. I hope that's a secure place as WCHS. Chelmsford's mark is usually +-2 of woodford's mark.

11plus2018 wrote:

Any thoughts ?

This is true that the Essex group is very quite this year . Not many people sharing information but seems like everyone is looking for one ...

I have heard that this year it’s a high scoring year with many girls scoring in 130+ and highest being 136 in CCHS.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:26 pm 

We are in the same boat. My DD scored 123 for Woodford and we are OOC, just outside by 500 metres. So we will not be applying. But I am wondering whether it is possible to apply for a place at Chelmsford High School for girls instead. I know they use the same tests results but I have not registered my DD with them. Is it possible to apply?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:37 pm 

regis wrote:
We are in the same boat. My DD scored 123 for Woodford and we are OOC, just outside by 500 metres. So we will not be applying. But I am wondering whether it is possible to apply for a place at Chelmsford High School for girls instead. I know they use the same tests results but I have not registered my DD with them. Is it possible to apply?

You can always use up a space on your CAF, but you won't be offered a place as your DD doesn't have a score for CCHS. It may be the same exam, but the candidates registered for each school (or groups of schools, e.g. the Slough grammar schools) have their raw scores standardised with all the other candidates for that particular school, not with everyone who sat the same exam.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:52 am 

regis wrote:

When you registered for the test you had to opt to have your results shared with Chelmsford. Even though it is the same test, the standardised score is slightly different as it is standardised against the cohort of children registered with that particular school.
There’s nothing to stop you putting it on the caf but your dd won’t be considered for a place as she is not registered with them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next