Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:34 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 736
Can anyone recommend an English tutor for both Language and Literature GCSE. My Dd did amazingly in her mocks but as expected as a dyslexic her English mark was below the others. The knowledge is all there, she writes beautifully given the time so this is mainly to help her to build her confidence and to help her with getting the stuff out of her head onto paper in the given time in the exam. Anywhere in Aylesbury Thame or Oxford would work.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 736
Eccentric wrote:
Can anyone recommend an English tutor for both Language and Literature GCSE. My Dd did amazingly in her mocks but as expected as a dyslexic her English mark was below the others. The knowledge is all there, she writes beautifully given the time so this is mainly to help her to build her confidence and to help her with getting the stuff out of her head onto paper in the given time in the exam. Anywhere in Aylesbury Thame or Oxford would work.

Preferably someone who teaches English. There seem to be a lot of Phd students on the tutoring sites but they may not have experience with helping a dyslexic student.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:14 am
Posts: 247
Eccentric wrote:
Eccentric wrote:
Can anyone recommend an English tutor for both Language and Literature GCSE.


Did you look on the PATOSS website I suggested on one of your previous posts?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 736
loopylala wrote:
Eccentric wrote:
Eccentric wrote:
Can anyone recommend an English tutor for both Language and Literature GCSE.


Did you look on the PATOSS website I suggested on one of your previous posts?

Oh sorry I missed that. I will look. Thank you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 736
PATOSS don’t have any English specific Tutors. What we are looking for is a snecondary qualified teacher who has preferably worked as an examiner.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:14 am
Posts: 247
Eccentric wrote:
PATOSS don’t have any English specific Tutors. What we are looking for is a snecondary qualified teacher who has preferably worked as an examiner.


The first tutor I clicked on states:

I taught English at a local grammar school for 21 years where I was also Senco- so I have considerable- useful experience.

You didn't mention that they needed to have worked as an examiner in your first post.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 736
Perhaps we are looking in a different area or I am missing something. I have clicked on every tutor within a reasonable distance and they all seem to be SDLP not English specific. I would be grateful if you would post a link to the teacher you have found?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], kunalj and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2019