Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 90  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:37 pm 

Dd said Latin was good and Chem was 'ok - not too bad' which, for her, means it was as good as can be expected! she does AQA too and mentioned the egg question in biol yesterday!

French tomorrow; after that she's got the weekend to revise for Latin 3 on Monday and Eng Lit on Tues.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:51 pm 

tiffinboys wrote:
... I wonder if Grade boundary for Chemistry would be much higher if most sitters are finding it easy.

I don't think my DC found it easy, just that it followed the spec they had been following so the content was more relevant :) rather than the Biology paper which hardly had any of the two year's of spec within it and "was just weird" (my DCs words) ..... :?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:06 pm 

A happy bunny today. Dd said Chemistry was good and finished with 7 mins to spare so had time to go over her answers. Agree with heartmum that it was a lot more relevant than the biology exam! French tomorrow then long weekend and heavy week like others next week.

I’m sure there will be many ups and downs along the way. Will be glad when it’s all over!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:44 pm 

Tinkers, DS mentioned the Chadwick Q and that spec said knowledge not needed. He was able to work it out by some lateral thinking but he did say it was a bit cheeky! On the plus side, something he went over again last night came up so he was feeling very pleased. Nothing now til English on Tuesday, so he's had an evening off - lots of Nintendo, Overwatch and now Explorers!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:03 pm 

Stokers wrote:
Tinkers, DS mentioned the Chadwick Q and that spec said knowledge not needed. He was able to work it out by some lateral thinking but he did say it was a bit cheeky! On the plus side, something he went over again last night came up so he was feeling very pleased. Nothing now til English on Tuesday, so he's had an evening off - lots of Nintendo, Overwatch and now Explorers!

Yes DD sorted of answered it anyway.
I quizzed her about the reactivity series last night and she realised she didn’t remember it as well as she should. We went through a better way to remember it, and she still had it this morning as it made more sense.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:53 pm 

DC eagerly waiting for weekend, too tired from daily exams and evening revision. Found today's papers hard, but not too hard.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:59 pm 

Hang on in there.

They can tick some off now and half term is coming.

Read those questions slowly and carefully. So many misreadings of questions in dd1's year.

DAO and QE moved to OCR from AQA for English after a whole year remark in dd1's year was the last straw. DAO had already moved to OCR for A level a couple of years earlier. DG

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:52 am 

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:14 am 

Just in case there’s anyone who did the same chemistry paper that DD did, a very experienced teacher at my school said that it was the hardest paper she’d ever seen and that DD was not to worry about it. OH said that if there’s a mistake to be made, DD will make it :). He said that to me though, not to her.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:30 am 

Daogroupie wrote:
DAO and QE moved to OCR from AQA for English after a whole year remark in dd1's year was the last straw. DAO had already moved to OCR for A level a couple of years earlier. DG

I'm not sure that this information really helps anyone, especially those who are doing AQA and might be worried by it! Exam boards wax and wane in favour - one of the grammar schools round here ditched OCR for a very similar reason after their English results went very badly belly up a few years ago. Even if a board messes up, there is still going to be a range of marks and someone has to get the top one!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 90  Next