Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:53 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:31 pm
Posts: 32
There are some amazing scores being put up here. Well done to all your daughters. And commiserations to those of you who didn’t get the score you wanted. We should all be proud of the work our DDs have done regardless of score.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:05 pm
Posts: 6
Hi.
I've been lurking a bit. We got our results too - my daughter got a 231. How good do you think her chances of getting in are?

She also scored a top 180 in Bexley, so we're pretty relieved as at least we hopefully have some choices now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:46 am
Posts: 16
Anyone out there who has not yet received their results yet. We are so anxious and feel like it's been a long day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:06 pm
Posts: 10
Just got home and the letter was awaiting us on the doormat. DD scored full mark 280!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:05 pm
Posts: 6
fayecoco wrote:
Just got home and the letter was awaiting us on the doormat. DD scored full mark 280!!!


Wow, that's amazing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:24 pm
Posts: 1525
Location: Petts Wood, Bromley, Kent
Fanio wrote:
Hi.
I've been lurking a bit. We got our results too - my daughter got a 231. How good do you think her chances of getting in are?

She also scored a top 180 in Bexley, so we're pretty relieved as at least we hopefully have some choices now.

Judging on past scores this is almost certain to get an offer on 1 March if it is your DD’s first choice. Which school did she like the best when you visited? DD loves the school but it won’t suit every girl. Journey times are sometimes a good decider if you like a school equally.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:59 pm
Posts: 14
Motherhubbard wrote:
Georgiadani - hiya! We are probably a similar distance - in beckenham - but I don’t think the offers take any account of distance (as long as in the 9 mile limit)? So they just work down the scores... of course there will be many with 221 so let’s keep in touch when we hear waitlist positions in March so we can track if/when we get close?


motherhubbard and Georiadani my DD also scored 221, so obviously quite a few with that score! Will be a long wait! I’m not sure how the new pupil premium rules will impact the required scores on offer day as pupil premium girls only need to score 210 to be guaranteed a place!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:46 am
Posts: 2
Good morning...thanks to all that have posted so far. I am curious as to how static the required score to be offered a place in March seems to be.
As above I agree the new PP rule may impact...but also on my mind is...does anyone know if the number of girls who took the 2019 exam is significantly higher than previous years??
My daughter’s candidate number was into the 2000’s but not clear whether this means there were over 2k taking it.
If the number taking it dramatically increased does this mean the min score required is naturally bumped up? Am probably overthinking it and just have to wait and see.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:45 am
Posts: 36
I don’t know how relevant this is due to the new pupil premium rules, but my daughter is in Y9 and in her class there is a girl with 219 who got a place before the induction day and one with 211 who got a place just before school started (she went to a different induction day). I was really surprised by how much movement there was on the waiting list when she told me this. Obviously this might have no relevance for this year but thought it might be of interest to others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:20 pm
Posts: 20
Beck_mum wrote:
I don’t know how relevant this is due to the new pupil premium rules, but my daughter is in Y9 and in her class there is a girl with 219 who got a place before the induction day and one with 211 who got a place just before school started (she went to a different induction day). I was really surprised by how much movement there was on the waiting list when she told me this. Obviously this might have no relevance for this year but thought it might be of interest to others.

Hi Beck mum,
What was the cut off score on offer day in the year your DD joined? Clearly, it has gone done to 211 in September that year?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2020