Go to navigation
It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 1:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Townley
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:52 pm 

The wait is really frustrating. Townley admissions told me that Kent doesn’t inform them about the offers accepted on their second round. This means some dc might have accepted other grammar places in Kent but still hold a place at Townley. I think I need to get used to the idea of dd going to the local comp after all. Either that or we get a very late offer from Townley in August or September.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:36 pm 

I’m happy for all the kids who got their preferred schools but it does make me upset to think about them being really exited about their secondary school, going to new starter events etc while we are left in a sort of limbo. I haven’t spoken to my daughter about the waiting list. As far as she is concerned she is going to the school that has been allocated to her (we didn’t choose it- she wasn’t offered any of her choices) and I won’t mention townley again unless we receive a concrete offer. She was so devastated when she didn’t get a place that I couldn’t bear to get her hopes up by reminding her about the waiting list. She has a new starter day in July at the school she has been offered but she’s really not very excited about it- just resigned to the fact now that that’s where she’s going.
I’ve given up contacting Townley to ask for updates about WL movement as it’s so slow/ non-existent that I end up feeling really down every time I even think about it!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:38 pm 

Oh Nachan, I totally relate to how you are feeling. Our DD totally fell in love with Townley at the open day and we could see it is a perfect fit for her.

She put on a brave face on allocations day but we could tell she was absolutely gutted and found her sobbing into her pillow later that evening. Like you we are slowly coming around to the idea that she will now be going to the local comp. It is sad when I think of all the effort she put in for the 11+ to secure a good result and she will now most likely be going to same school as others who didn’t enter the 11+ arena. It really has been a surprise year and looking at the birth rates after our children, it’s set to get worse.

I know there were never any guarantees but it really does feel like a lottery with terrible odds this year.

But I know kids are resilient and bounce back quite quick. I also know deep down my DD will do well wherever she goes; so hold on to that thought too. What will be will be. Sending positive thoughts for the outcome your DD rightfully deserves :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11