Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:38 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:35 am 

Hello, We were exactly in same situation when younger DD finished yr4. We are fortunate to have a very good school in catchment and felt is more suited for her than TGS where my older DD goes to. However she wanted to try same as her sister so we offered her same tuition. Until last Oct she was really struggling grasping Maths but after Easter there was like some growth spurt and she was able to do a lot more!

Her end of yr 5 report clearly shows that all that hard work done over past year has paid off. She is lot more confident at Maths and Reading. Her Sutton mock test results are not as we hoped for however we have seen so much progress at school. I am going to continue our work during holidays and I am very confident she will shine sooner or later. We also know it will be a huge disappointment to her if she doesn't get in TGS and we have our little chats to make her understand 11+is just part of journey not the ultimate goal. Not sure how much she understands at her age:) All the 11+ prep will help them whichever school they get into.

Her class teacher also has insisted she is very good at dramatics so definitely something to look into more for sure:)
Good luck, go for it xx