Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:25 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:53 pm
Posts: 9
Hi

I just need some advice for registering for the September 2019 Exams please.

My daughter is studying to sit the 11 Plus exams this September for entry in 2020.
Her first choice in Woodford County Grammar (CEM Board)
Second or third choice is Westcliff (CSSE) or Chelmsford (CEM)

So am I right in thinking that if she wants to be considered for either Woodford (CEM )and Westcliff (CSSE), she will have to sit 2 exams as it 2 different boards?
Or is sitting one exam for one board be enough to be considered ?

Sorry for the stupid question.

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 9578
Location: Essex
kopper wrote:
Hi

I just need some advice for registering for the September 2019 Exams please.

My daughter is studying to sit the 11 Plus exams this September for entry in 2020.
Her first choice in Woodford County Grammar (CEM Board)
Second or third choice is Westcliff (CSSE) or Chelmsford (CEM)

So am I right in thinking that if she wants to be considered for either Woodford (CEM )and Westcliff (CSSE), she will have to sit 2 exams as it 2 different boards?
Or is sitting one exam for one board be enough to be considered ?

Sorry for the stupid question.

Thanks


Your DD has to sit two exams but register in three places - you register her for the WCHS exam through the London Borough of Redbridge website and also register her with CCHS to be considered for a place there (if you apply for it) and for the CSSE exam through the CSSE website.

Do you live within the Common Catchment Area for WCHS, btw?

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:53 pm
Posts: 9
ToadMum wrote:
kopper wrote:
Hi

I just need some advice for registering for the September 2019 Exams please.

My daughter is studying to sit the 11 Plus exams this September for entry in 2020.
Her first choice in Woodford County Grammar (CEM Board)
Second or third choice is Westcliff (CSSE) or Chelmsford (CEM)

So am I right in thinking that if she wants to be considered for either Woodford (CEM )and Westcliff (CSSE), she will have to sit 2 exams as it 2 different boards?
Or is sitting one exam for one board be enough to be considered ?

Sorry for the stupid question.

Thanks


Your DD has to sit two exams but register in three places - you register her for the WCHS exam through the London Borough of Redbridge website and also register her with CCHS to be considered for a place there (if you apply for it) and for the CSSE exam through the CSSE website.

Do you live within the Common Catchment Area for WCHS, btw?


Yes I live in Seven Kings and the map shows we are in the catchment area.

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:09 pm
Posts: 1
Hello all parents, I am new in this forum portal. I have a question and if somebody shares thoughts, I would be really grateful for that. WGGS admission policy says " : In order to qualify for admission under rules referring to the school’s admission area, the girl must have been resident for a majority of school nights at her normal home address since 1st September of the calendar year preceding proposed admission.

So, for 2020 entry, if a girl would enter under community places criteria, she should be living in catchment no later than 1 Sept 2019. Am I correct? Thanks for any response in advance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:20 pm
Posts: 550
kopper wrote:
ToadMum wrote:
kopper wrote:
Hi

I just need some advice for registering for the September 2019 Exams please.

My daughter is studying to sit the 11 Plus exams this September for entry in 2020.
Her first choice in Woodford County Grammar (CEM Board)
Second or third choice is Westcliff (CSSE) or Chelmsford (CEM)

So am I right in thinking that if she wants to be considered for either Woodford (CEM )and Westcliff (CSSE), she will have to sit 2 exams as it 2 different boards?
Or is sitting one exam for one board be enough to be considered ?

Sorry for the stupid question.

Thanks


Your DD has to sit two exams but register in three places - you register her for the WCHS exam through the London Borough of Redbridge website and also register her with CCHS to be considered for a place there (if you apply for it) and for the CSSE exam through the CSSE website.

Do you live within the Common Catchment Area for WCHS, btw?


Yes I live in Seven Kings and the map shows we are in the catchment area.

Thanks


Seven Kings to Westcliff is 1.5hours by train and at least an hour by car, you might want to reconsider


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:33 pm
Posts: 10
Sorry to jump in. I’m desperate. Missed yesterday’s registration deadline for Kent test. Is there anything I can do? Any advice gratefully received.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 9578
Location: Essex
pinkrabbit38 wrote:
kopper wrote:
ToadMum wrote:

Your DD has to sit two exams but register in three places - you register her for the WCHS exam through the London Borough of Redbridge website and also register her with CCHS to be considered for a place there (if you apply for it) and for the CSSE exam through the CSSE website.

Do you live within the Common Catchment Area for WCHS, btw?


Yes I live in Seven Kings and the map shows we are in the catchment area.

Thanks


Seven Kings to Westcliff is 1.5hours by train and at least an hour by car, you might want to reconsider


Seven Kings is on the route of Maymist coaches (and don't worry, they do still have enough vehicles, even though one of theirs completely burnt to a shell on the A127 on the way in on Monday :)). So probably not quite an hour and a half each way if you don't fancy your DC taking part in after school activities - they offer some good tennis coaching, if you like that kind of thing, but not everyone fancies it - or socialising with the locals much.

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:32 pm
Posts: 7455
Location: East Kent
MrsForgetful wrote:
Sorry to jump in. I’m desperate. Missed yesterday’s registration deadline for Kent test. Is there anything I can do? Any advice gratefully received.

Ring or e-mail KCC admissions, they will be able to advise you.
I haven’t got their number at hand, but it us easily googleable (if that is a word!)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2019