Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sally-Anne RIP
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:46 am 

Such shocking news. Sally-Anne's kindness and wisdom was valued by many and she will be hugely missed. Sincere condolences to those who knew and loved her in real life.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:49 am 

I'm so sad to come on to the forum and read this news :( 'Sally-Anne' was a huge support many years ago when I came on to the forum for help when my dd was going through disappointment with a 11plus score. She will be greatly missed on here.

Sending my condolences to the family ***

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:48 am 

So sad to read this news. May her soul rest in peace and may her family and friends get the strength to overcome this grief.
Even though I am not from Bucks area, I would still remember her Crystal Ball thread and numerous other posts that helped youngsters and confused/distressed parents alike.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:57 am 

So sad to hear this, I've been a member for many years and had the benefit of Sally-Ann's advice on a number of occasions and I'll be forever grateful. may she Rest in Peace.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:10 am 

So sorry to hear this. Sally-Anne was a stalwart on many boards. Many condolences to her family and to the other board admins who have lost a friend and colleague.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:17 am 

so shocked and sad :( to read this post. My deepest condolences to Sally-Anne's close family and friends during this difficult time. Her posts were full of wit and wisdom and she will be greatly missed on the forum.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:22 pm 

I can't believe I read this today. Sally-Anne was an incredible lady. She single-handedly kept me sane last year when I had issues with an admin/allocation error and with a selection review. She gave me support via PMs that went above and beyond and I will forever be grateful for that.

Even my partner who usually roles his eyes at me for going on this forum post needing to, was terribly sad to hear the news. It shows how good she was at reaching out to people.

Like everyone else, I send her family my deepest condolences. I wish I could have met her in person to thank her properly. I will particularly miss her humour and crystal ball posts. I really hope that people can keep those going for her.

RIP you wonderful lady x

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:08 pm 

Hornsey's eloquent opening post, and all the wonderful tributes that follow it, are a testament to the very high regard in which Sally-Anne was held.
She will be greatly missed.

Our hearts go out to her family who have lost someone so precious far too soon.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:02 pm 

I too was greatly shocked and deeply saddened to hear the news, and it’s still sinking in.

Despite never actually meeting S-A in person, I wish I could have.

I have lost someone I considered a good friend and someone I trusted, respected and admired. I confided in her more than once over the years.

My condolences to her family. Im sure she is going to be deeply missed by everyone who knew her, whether in real life or on line.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:24 pm 

I am stunned by such sad news.

I have “known” Sally-Anne for many years. We both discovered this forum when it was in its infancy.

She will be greatly missed for her knowledge, compassion and humour.

My love and sympathies are with her family.

Patricia

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next