Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:23 pm 

Hi Sam,

We haven’t completed the parent form yet, as we are awaiting some supporting evidence. We planned to print the headmaster’s form which he will be submitting a copy of online, and attach the hard copy when we have completed the parent form, and submit them together by mail.

I hadn’t appreciated there was the possibility to submit parent forms online too.

Very best of luck with your review too. In the end, whatever the outcome, I’m sure everything will work out just fine, but it’s hard to relinquish the chance of a grammar place when you know how capable your own child is, but, for whatever reason, things just didn’t go well on the single day of the test. I think we must try to remember that these are exactly the sort of cases the review panel are trying to identify.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:05 pm 

HI kronenborg,
Sorry I just saw this message. Thanks very much for the supportive comments. They do mean a lot. As you say it is a bit hard to relinquish the chance so let's just try our best with the review but If it didn't work out then we should remember kids can do well in a non selective school too. Many of them go to top universities too while some from the grammar schools don't. So we should always be positive I guess. My son told me "Dad, I think the kids like me who missed it by a small margin will actually study harder in the future and get better results because we will never be over confident". :D

Our head teacher is also submitting online and sending us a copy and told does we could do our form online too. But now I am thinking of posting it instead because the online system is newly introduced this year so I it is far from tried and tested so I think the old fashioned Royal Mail is a safer option.

We are still waiting for the copy of the form from the head teacher. She promised to send it tomorrow so I will then post it with next day delivery on Thursday.

Thanks for the kind words and Best of luck with your review too! As you say whatever happens everything will work out fine. Take care

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:04 am 

no worries.

I submitted my daughter's forms online yesterday. Worth noting, if you do go down the online submission route, there appears to only be the facility to attach 3 files - so if you are submitting the parental form, the headteacher's forms and a document of supplementary information for Step 4, then all the supplementary info (including any expert reports e.g. Ed Psych, doctors etc) will need to be integrated into 1 single document as part of the supplementary info, otherwise the system doesn't have the capacity to accept additional files for upload.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:48 am 

Thanks very much,
We are still keeping the online option as plan B so good to know about that restriction. Thanks so much for this! :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:46 am 

Hi kronenborg,
Please can you let me know if you get some sort of acknowledgement as soon as you submitted? A email or something? If so does it list the files you submitted? Because I would feel safer if there is something like that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:10 am 

Hi Sam - yes, there is an automatic confirmation of receipt by email which lists the topline details of what you submit, including the names of the files you upload.

I had originally intended to submit both online AND by post, so the committee would have hard copies of all the documents, however the paper forms make it clear you should only submit online OR by post.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:26 am 

Thanks so much for the prompt response kronenborg,
That is quite reassuring!

I also thought of doing both online and post but then realised they have said we shouldn't do it. Since the headteachers report is likely to arrive today the online option would give us a little more time to add anything on the parent form based on what the HT summary says. So good to have both options open I guess.
Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:19 pm 

This is all super handy info thank you! was a bit nervous about the online submission.... we are submitting tomorrow morning :-)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:16 pm 

HI kronenborg,
I just submitted my son's application online. Thanks so much for warning me about the 3 document limit. By the way, I did get an acknowledgement email but the email didn't list the files I submitted. But just after submission it showed my a confirmation page where it listed the names of all the files. It has a download option where I could download a pdf which had the file names.

Was it the same with you? Because I the fact that I didn't get the file names in the email makes me a bit worried so wanted to double check with you.

Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:47 am 

Hi Sam - not to worry, that's exactly what happened for me too. I think what counts is that you have the pdf confirming the upload of the specified files.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next