Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Letter with decision
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:15 pm 

Thank you etienne. Yes these were her words and she went on further about how in the next few years they wouldnt have to allow any of our children in as their numbers are rising too.

when we asked why they have allowed Slough children in before and she said they needed the money! I was gobsmacked .

I will request the clerks notes and proceed to complain to the ombudsman as our only recourse left. I know its too late now for my child (will wait till the result comes in next week but obviously now a foregone conclusion!!) but may help others in the future not go through what we have. The stress and sleepless nights this has caused to then find out they werent even remotely interested in our case is unbelievable.

Thanks so much for your help as i have found this site the only place to turn to when everything has been so confusing. xx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:56 pm 

MCon2019 wrote:
Thank you etienne. Yes these were her words and she went on further about how in the next few years they wouldnt have to allow any of our children in as their numbers are rising too.
when we asked why they have allowed Slough children in before and she said they needed the money! I was gobsmacked .
Are you sure this was from someone on the panel?
It sounds more like a school representative (someone who is there to oppose the appellants, and is definitely not independent) than a member of the independent appeal panel (who must be unbiased).

Quote:
I will request the clerks notes
If you want to send me a copy, I don't mind checking them to see if there are irregularities.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a62

Quote:
and proceed to complain to the ombudsman as our only recourse left.
If you were appealing for an academy, the ESFA now handles complaints, rather than the ombudsman.
For a detailed explanation, see the whole of section D in the Q&As:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/ombudsman

Quote:
Thanks so much for your help as i have found this site the only place to turn to when everything has been so confusing. xx
You're welcome. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:49 pm 

Yes Etienne it was the lady on the panel. That's why I was so in shock. The admissions authority representative was actually much nicer and only really argued the points about SRP and was pleasant. This lady just came across as so biased- I couldn't speak after that as I was in shock!
I will wait till the decision is in next week then request the notes and send them over to you. It will be an interesting read if she captured it all!!
Thank you