Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:11 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:47 pm 

Thanks for your thoughts.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:44 am 

Sorry you didn't win, neither did we. Sounds like you did your absolute best.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:25 pm 

Really sorry to hear this. And given Etienne's comments on the procedure that must be an extra frustration.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:14 pm 

Sorry to hear that, mindthegap.

Yes, it is frustrating. We're lucky to have a place at a good-enough school to fall back on, even if it will mean some additional input from us.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:47 am 

We have had the clerk's notes - they are remarkably detailed, almost to the point of being a full transcript, except for the part where we explicitly asked the HT to confirm there has been no prejudice for additional numbers in previous years and he twice explicitly confirmed that. That part of the conversation is completely missing, as though it never happened. I'm frustrated because if there were SOMETHING there I'd be able to assess how a third party heard it and therefore how the panel reached their decision, because obviously how it sounded in my head completely validated our argument and destroyed theirs.

As this is the end of the line for us regarding our son (he has had very successful trial days at the allocated school and we are fully on board there) I don't think I have the energy to pursue a complaint. But although the hearing was conducted very well, I don't think the process as a whole is working as it should, and I'm not sure I would advise anybody else in a similar position in future years to bother putting themselves through it - obviously if you have a Stage 1 case or extenuating circumstances that would be different.