Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:37 pm 

Did you not go for review as per your other posts?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:35 pm 

mad? wrote:
Did you not go for review as per your other posts?

Yes but it was unsuccessful due to lack of academic evidence. The whole thing has been an absolute nightmare.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:19 am 

Candiamo wrote:
Do you think I have any chance at all?
Problem is, as you probably realise, your case won't even be considered unless the panel first decide that your review was not fair, consistent and objective.

Quote:
Should I mention logistics of having 3 children at different schools? Thanks.
It's worth mentioning - point iii on my list:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... -school#c2

Good luck for Tuesday.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:48 am 

Etienne wrote:
Candiamo wrote:
Do you think I have any chance at all?
Problem is, as you probably realise, your case won't even be considered unless the panel first decide that your review was not fair, consistent and objective.

Quote:
Should I mention logistics of having 3 children at different schools? Thanks.
It's worth mentioning - point iii on my list:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... -school#c2

Good luck for Tuesday.

Thanks Etienne, worth mentioning then. The fco part I’m thinking of going for a different angle. Not saying they were fco, but that they couldn’t be because the info given to them by the head was incorrect. Do you think the practice sats scores are good evidence?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:20 am 

The panel made the decision with the information they were given; it is not their fault the information was incorrect. What was wrong? I'd try to expand on the reasons if you can.

The KS2 practice tests look good but the papers are all online; were they taken under test conditions? Have you other evidence e.g. an Ed Psych report?

Presumably you applied to the allocated school so you chose this 'third' school?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:22 pm 

Guest55 wrote:
The panel made the decision with the information they were given; it is not their fault the information was incorrect. What was wrong? I'd try to expand on the reasons if you can.

The head had only just joined the school, she put old style level 5’s on selection review and wrote one line that didn’t make sense and that was it. I’ve explained in my appeal application and will reiterate on the day.

The KS2 practice tests look good but the papers are all online; were they taken under test conditions? Have you other evidence e.g. an Ed Psych report?
The tests were done at school under test conditions as far as I know. To be honest I’ve struggled to get any help from the school because I just think they don’t agree with the 11+ and we are in Berks but did Bucks test. I had to keep pestering for practice results and in the end I was given the scores on a post it note and told I’d have to type it up myself and email it to school for the head to sign.

Presumably you applied to the allocated school so you chose this 'third' school?

Not sure what you mean? I applied for 2 grammars and 3rd choice was a comp. My eldest son goes to our first choice. I had to put the grammars even though he didn’t pass because of the selection review. In the end they gave us a school not even on my list because the comp was oversubscribed too. I got another comp in the second round that he will go to if this appeal is unsuccessful. I can’t see any chance of winning with not qualifying, the school is oversubscribed and the selection review was unsuccessful but might as well give it a try.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:58 pm 

I think the point was that the logistics of having three schools to deal with should be a minor point to mention, the assumption being that the comprehensive school allocated was on your CAF. You've explained that it wasn't but even if you had been allocated the second choice grammar school, you'd be dealing with three schools willingly. It's something to be aware that a panel might come back with if you laboured the point.

It will only play a part if you get to the oversubscription part of the appeal.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:08 pm 

anotherdad wrote:
I think the point was that the logistics of having three schools to deal with should be a minor point to mention, the assumption being that the comprehensive school allocated was on your CAF. You've explained that it wasn't but even if you had been allocated the second choice grammar school, you'd be dealing with three schools willingly. It's something to be aware that a panel might come back with if you laboured the point.

It will only play a part if you get to the oversubscription part of the appeal.

I see what you mean. Obviously we only really wanted the first choice but had to put others on the list. My argument really is that he’s totally able for the school and the logistics if he can’t go there will be difficult but obviously something we have to deal with. I wonder also whether if they agreed he was capable but won’t allocate a place, can he go on the waiting list? He wants to do the 12 plus if this isn’t successful but I know it’s hard to get a place in year 8 and by then my other son will be going into year 12 and I don’t think having a sibling helps then.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:20 pm 

Quote:
I wonder also whether if they agreed he was capable but won’t allocate a place, can he go on the waiting list?
If you get through FCO, and if the panel find him academically suitable but won't offer a place because of prejudice, then yes - he has qualified status and can go on the W/L.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:18 pm 

Etienne wrote:
Quote:
I wonder also whether if they agreed he was capable but won’t allocate a place, can he go on the waiting list?
If you get through FCO, and if the panel find him academically suitable but won't offer a place because of prejudice, then yes - he has qualified status and can go on the W/L.

Thanks for clarifying that. Fingers crossed then.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next