Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:36 pm 
Hello PCN

Just thought I would ask you whether you have any idea of how many questions a child will need to get right to pass the Slough test. I called one of the Grammar schools and was told about 66%.

Mel

Ps

Tone I just thought I would say your comments regarding Slough Grammar are not at all helpful I am sure, to that person who said on here that they had selected it. I think some comments are best left unsaid. This person like the rest of us is anxious enough about results and now has the added worry that you have given

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:48 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Thanks Patricia for you're "Congratulations" we're still on cloud nine! :lol:

The only sad bit is that my daughter feels really sorry for her six or so others friends who were unfortunately not as lucky as her and didn't reach the standard required.

You can tell that they want to celebrate,but feel they can't(her and one of her best friends that passed)

Has anybody been in the situation?
How did the children and the parents get on??

Got the school walk in an hour and I 'm dreading meeting parents whose children haven't passed.

Footymad.

my son was very lucky.There are 9 yr 6s at his state primary and every single one passed.They are only allowed to do one practice 11+ paper per year at school and the teacher is not allowed to coach.t I am a firm believer that coaching at best makes v lille difference if any to the result and at worst can easily become counterproductive

Post subject: general slough
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:56 pm 
Hi Mel, sorry I don'tknow the Percentage. Langley said they usually start taking from 121 upwards , if any places left then they start going lower maybe as low as 115. Slough said they offer places from 111 upwards, but I should think that is going to depend on the amount of children passing!
It would seem that Langley likes to take the creme, but slough will give all a chance.

Another week and the waiting will be over ...is that a good thing or not??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:10 pm 
I didn't feel comfortable with the HeadTeacher at Slough. It was probably just her way but her manner made me feel like the child!! She seemed quite abrupt so I can see why "Tone" said he thought her mad, However looking round the school there seemed a good ethos ,but hey what doI know, I won't be the one going (Hopefully my son will)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:47 pm 
We went to the open day as well as the open evening for Slough grammar. As we arrived too early for the school tour, the head invited us into her office for a chat. She was quite pleasant.
Is Slough grammar your first choice, General?

Post subject: general
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:41 pm 
No Slough is my second choice, for no particular reason other than my son said he liked Langley better when we looked around it and it leans more towards science/tech. We had an interview with the head at slough as well as going to their 11-plus chat evening earlier in the year(couldn't make actual open evening) and I'm sorry to say but I did feel uncomfortable in the office
l but as I said, probably just her way.

Worrying about the Grammar schools may all be hyperthetical, will findout soon.
This is a great site and I shall continue to look at this site in the future whichever way results come out, if only to see how others have got on/coped!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:42 am 
Answered on the Berkshire thread