Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Habs Girls Results
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:38 am 

Hi Glazed, City said they would be emailing all the parents with the numbers this week. They did put in writing to me that it’s 150 offers. Habs at 125 is the lowest I have heard having asked all the other schools we have been too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:43 pm 

Could I ask what type of numbers CLGS say they will email this week? Also I do wonder how they will manage offers this year if they will announce/email results on Monday 25th. The only info we were given were that 800 applied this year, this was stated on the email invitation for the interview but nothing was stated on it regarding how many were being invited back. It does sound though that if they are inviting 260, the odds look okay.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:07 pm 

Quite surprised 125 offers has been mentioned for Habs. Assuming they have 80 places to fill (or is it 85 - 40 prep plus 85 gives 125, 5 forms of 25). Every girl I know sat for numerous schools and are v keen on CLSG, NLCS and are band A HB. Maybe they are planing on a bigger use of a waiting list this year.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:25 pm 

Me too Miller, it’s sounds lower than I would have hoped as everyone else seems almost double the places. I have come across quite a lot of people who are holding band a at HBS. I know the head said she ended up with two extra classes one year but 125 doesn’t sound that many.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:50 pm 

I was very surprised at the number as well! Given 290 girls are interviewed, the rate that to be offered is very low! When we met one of the the deputy heads, he did always compare themselves with “top grammar school”, which I believe refers to HBS ...I guess so that the school will use the waiting list strategy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:54 pm 

I wonder if anyone thought it would be a good idea to ask the school, HIghgate, NLCS,
cLSG and NLCS have been quite transparent about how many they offer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:12 pm 

Hi Earningaplace, did you find out about numbers at SHHS please?

I wonder if Head Teachers already know Habs results, was reading on another thread that they find out before parents do.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:22 pm 

My daughter didn’t sit SHHS and as far as I know head teachers aren’t informed, after all it would breach the data protection act to do so.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:25 pm 

Thanks, don't know where I got the impression she did.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:33 pm 

You are getting mixed up with state school allocations. Primary schools are informed about state school allocations a few days before the parents find out.

This is so they can prepare for upset children if allocations have been particularly brutal, especially distance places.

Schools are not informed about private school offers. DG

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next