Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:58 pm
Posts: 8
Has anyone received results from sutton yet?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:58 pm
Posts: 2
Not yet ... waiting on it. Got the Wilson's test result.
Does anyone know how likely are people to actually be offered a place if they made it through this stage?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 2:03 pm
Posts: 159
julymermaid wrote:
Not yet ... waiting on it. Got the Wilson's test result.
Does anyone know how likely are people to actually be offered a place if they made it through this stage?


In my son’s year (2020 entry), Wilson’s got to around rank 400 when offering; SGS around rank 650.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:58 pm
Posts: 8
Oneoftwothings wrote:
In my son’s year (2020 entry), Wilson’s got to around rank 400 when offering; SGS around rank 650.


And... probably there is no way of knowing what one's DS's rank is, is there?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:58 pm
Posts: 2
Sutton results just in!

1043 candidates sat the second stage test and 861 met the required standard.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 2:03 pm
Posts: 159
Charlie wrote:
Oneoftwothings wrote:
In my son’s year (2020 entry), Wilson’s got to around rank 400 when offering; SGS around rank 650.


And... probably there is no way of knowing what one's DS's rank is, is there?


No, sorry. The boys don’t find out as the schools want them to start without preconceived ideas of where they rank against their peers. I know it’s hard though! I have never heard of a boy not getting a place at any of the three grammar schools if they pass all three, if that helps!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:18 pm
Posts: 13
We took the tests without really thinking about the details.

We're only about 5 miles away further into London but it'd be something like a 45-55 minute door to door commute each way.

Is that something, in the opinion of others, that it'd be in any way sensible to attempt?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 2:03 pm
Posts: 159
tfp_sa wrote:
We took the tests without really thinking about the details.

We're only about 5 miles away further into London but it'd be something like a 45-55 minute door to door commute each way.

Is that something, in the opinion of others, that it'd be in any way sensible to attempt?


For me it depends on what the journey is like (and alternatives if transport doesn’t go to plan sometimes). Plenty do that travel time though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:11 pm
Posts: 13
Wow, so Sutton boys’ results are out even though their exam was a whole week after the girls’ one (2nd stage) and we’re still waiting on Sutton girls’ results?! This baffles me..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Posts: 1220
Oneoftwothings wrote:
tfp_sa wrote:
We took the tests without really thinking about the details.

We're only about 5 miles away further into London but it'd be something like a 45-55 minute door to door commute each way.

Is that something, in the opinion of others, that it'd be in any way sensible to attempt?


For me it depends on what the journey is like (and alternatives if transport doesn’t go to plan sometimes). Plenty do that travel time though.


Agreed, my son's journey is about 45 mins door to door but it's a single train, no changing, short walks at each end, a fairly frequent service and an alternative route home if the usual train doesn't work. With hindsight it's probably a bit further away than I'd like but it's not an unusual journey for that school and he's never had any problems with doing it.

If your journey would involve a change of transport mode - a bus and a train or two trains or whatever - then I would reconsider because your're doubling the chances of something going wrong and adding in more waiting time.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2021