Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:13 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:44 am 

Please post any information and queries relating to Wilson’s School’s 2020 allocation and wait list. Thank you.

Congratulations to those who got the place in the school and Good Luck to those who are on the waitlist. Hope they hear the good news soon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:38 pm 

My son has got a second choice school. He is on waiting list for Wilson's. We won't be able to know until 17th March what number he is on WL . Just wondering if waiting list moves at all for Wilson's?, if it does how much movement occurs ? Just 1 or 2 or more?

Any input will be highly appreciated

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:15 pm 

Annijo wrote:
My son has got a second choice school. He is on waiting list for Wilson's. We won't be able to know until 17th March what number he is on WL . Just wondering if waiting list moves at all for Wilson's?, if it does how much movement occurs ? Just 1 or 2 or more?

Any input will be highly appreciated

All I know is that there’s less movement on Wilson’s WL than the other Sutton Grammars, but as long as the school hasn’t over-offered, there should be some movement as I know some are deciding between Wilson’s and independent schools. For insight into numbers in previous years, perhaps there are threads on the forum if you search?

Someone has posted this question on the whatdotheyknow website, so the school may answer by the time you know your WL place:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... t_movement

Good luck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:41 pm 

I wanted to check before I posted this: I know boys who got in via the waiting list from the last 2 years, so there’s likely to be some movement, if only a little. Unfortunately I don’t know what number they were on the list.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:27 am 

For last few years, Wilson’s has been over offering. Movement in WL therefore is quite slow and after quite a time. Movement there depends a lot on places being accepted in Trinity and Whitgift schools who offer many scholarships and bursaries.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:05 am 

IIRC, last year, Sutton LA had issued details of numbers of offers by each of the Sutton schools. This year, there is no such details on their website as yet.

May be, some parents can email Sutton LA or Wilson’s to find out this information.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:40 am 

Some of the waiting list movement could be just before or at the start of the school year. There was someone in my son's class who had given up their Wilson's place at the very last moment - so someone else who had accepted a place at another grammar started in mid-September.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:42 pm 

Has anyone else received a letter from Wilson's asking if they want to be put on the waiting list?
DS got his 1st choice so we were not expecting to be contacted by any of our lower preference schools (as per allocation procedures). I thought perhaps by posting it may give hope to others if the waiting list is small?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:17 pm 

We had an email from Nonsuch a couple of years ago asking whether DD wanted to go on their waiting list, despite having got WHSG which was our first choice - I was told at the time that it was because her score was above the lowest one allocated a place, and she'd therefore be towards the top of their waiting list if she went on it.

Perhaps it's the same for the boys grammars? (My oldest boy is only year 5, so I don't have direct experience of them yet.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:59 pm 

K80055 wrote:
Has anyone else received a letter from Wilson's asking if they want to be put on the waiting list?
DS got his 1st choice so we were not expecting to be contacted by any of our lower preference schools (as per allocation procedures). I thought perhaps by posting it may give hope to others if the waiting list is small?

Yes, my DS’s best friend has. My DS put Wilson’s first but his friend put another school as he lives close to it. Wilson’s send these letters to boys who scored higher than the boys on the waiting list but put other schools, so that their waiting list is made up of the highest scorers possible.