Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:41 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:51 pm 

Hello,

We have been offered a place at TGS, having already secured a place at Nonsuch and have to make a decision on the TGS offer by Thursday.

My DD is mainly concerned about pressure and I wondered if anyone with DDs currently at either school could give us their views on the pressures experienced by their DDs, especially in the older years.

I know girls at both schools will be competitive, however I'd be interested to know if there a lot of internal pressure from the school itself and what the pastoral care is like at TGS and Nonsuch.

Does anyone have DDs at both schools? It would be interesting to hear about how they compare.

I'd be grateful for any views!

Many thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:19 pm 

I know someone with DDs at nonsuch who says pastoral care is very good. I’d asked her as they make a lot of it and wondered if it was done as well as said. She confirmed that support is there for those who need it and isn’t too pressurised but builds up workload gradually. Don’t know about Tiffin Girls.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:17 pm 

Thanks KingstonMama. Good to know.

I'd be grateful if parents with DDs at Tiffin Girls could share their experiences/views on pressure.

Any other general views on life at Nonsuch and life at Tiffin Girls would also be appreciated!

Many thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:39 pm 

WParkMum wrote:
Thanks KingstonMama. Good to know.

I'd be grateful if parents with DDs at Tiffin Girls could share their experiences/views on pressure.

Any other general views on life at Nonsuch and life at Tiffin Girls would also be appreciated!

Many thanks.

My DD joined TGS in Sep 2018 (Year 7) and so we have all of 2 terms worth of TGS experience. The head team has tried to address the pressures on students, at least in the first 2 years at the school.

I can't really comment on how the pressure is once they are in Y9, as we are yet to get to that stage :D
I have a friend who has 2 DDs in NonSuch (1 in sixth form and 1 in Y9). The girls seem very happy at the school.