Go to navigation
It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 1:22 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:09 pm 

Thanks for the replies. I thought it may be the case but didn't want to presume he'd done so well. DS would love to go to Wilson's but we feel it's just that bit too far away.. and to be honest I wasn't confident he would have got a place anyway, so pleasantly suprised.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:54 pm 

Hi , I have got a letter today for my DS from Wilson's school though we have a different school offered as first choice.We loved Wilsons as much as first choice i must say and this letter has opened up a thought process again as its location offers more choice for our younger child. I just wanted to know how it works if someone knew it already. So even though we accept offer for the first choice but we can still go on waiting list of second choice? Is there no binding to the offer accepted in first instance if second choice school offers a place eventually and decide to go?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:55 pm 

Yes you can request to be added onto Wilson's waiting list whilst holding onto your current allocation and if you get the offer then deciding which option to go for. But may I suggest you only do this if you are genuinely undecided as other wise you would just be prolonging the time a place is filled.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:37 pm 

Thank you. Yes, i am genuinely undecided TBH. Would you know how long can it usually take to get a clarity/confirmation from Wilsons please? I need to re-locate and first choice is north london while second choice is south london :(

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:42 am 

I do not have personal experience on how Wilson's WL moves, can someone with prior experience shed some light as to whether the school informs of the WL position and also upto which position has a chance of getting in so that satspai could make arrangements.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:18 am 

RajaMum wrote:
I do not have personal experience on how Wilson's WL moves, can someone with prior experience shed some light as to whether the school informs of the WL position and also upto which position has a chance of getting in so that satspai could make arrangements.

Whereas in te normal course of events, one might surmise that there is almost a 100% chance that the person in pole position as of today would be offered a place, no one actually has a place until they actually have one, so to base a major relocation on the basis of a school place that one doesn't yet actually have, when to move on that basis would render the school place currently held a logistical nightmare if the 'maybe' place never becomes a reality, woukd seem perverse.

Especially if there is a drip-feed of other more desirable (score-wise, from the school's point of view) DC being added to the waiting list following the school's approaches.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:06 am 

Hi Annijo,

I posted this on your other thread but will repeat it here:

Ours is a long story but to answer your question, last year, we ended up on Wilson's waiting list.

Our timeline was as follows:

End of April - waiting list position - 21
End of May - waiting list position - 19
Mid June - offer of a place in Wilson's School (to everybody's surprise)

Eventually we declined their offer which means that WL went further below position 21.

From memory, they should be letting you know where you are on the WL just after Easter holidays.

Good luck to you and your son.

PP

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:02 am 

My guess is that waiting lists will move very slowly this year because people who might have gone privately will be more concerned now about seven years of fees.
Might be wrong of course.