Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:57 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:35 am 

Hi

My ds has been placed in group B (181-220). Does anyone know if its worth putting the school on the form? I understand no one knows until allocations. But I am keen to hear if someone has any experience with Blue coat results.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:54 pm 

Yes well done, B is very good, if you want her to go there is for sure worth putting as first choice . I believe that all the group B's who wanted to go were offered a place last year, including my friend's daughter. There are always individuals from the A group that are offered Bluecoat places but dont take them up, for different reasons, so I think that B group is worth a shot if you put it as your first preference. My friend agonised over the choice as she didn't want to waste a preference and jeopardise her chance of Belevere Acadamy by putting it second. But it all worked out ok for her and she is glad she took the risk. She put Bluecoat first and Belevere second.
HTH. Good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:45 am 

lambanana wrote:
Yes well done, B is very good, if you want her to go there is for sure worth putting as first choice . I believe that all the group B's who wanted to go were offered a place last year, including my friend's daughter. There are always individuals from the A group that are offered Bluecoat places but dont take them up, for different reasons, so I think that B group is worth a shot if you put it as your first preference. My friend agonised over the choice as she didn't want to waste a preference and jeopardise her chance of Belevere Acadamy by putting it second. But it all worked out ok for her and she is glad she took the risk. She put Bluecoat first and Belevere second.
HTH. Good luck.

Hi Lambanana

Many thanks for this. I am going to put it as my first preference. I wasn't sure as Group B has 39 children. My ds liked Blue Coat fingers crossed for us now.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:16 pm 

Hi All

My ds has been allocated Blue Coat (he was in Band B). Hope this helps parents decide in future years.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:18 pm 

Does anyone know where the cut-off point between Group A and Group B is this year for Liverpool Blue Coat? Ds scored 346 and has been placed in Group B, but according to this: https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... ol-11-plus this score would have put him in Group A previous years. Would be good to be able to assess our chances of getting offered a place. Grateful for any info. For instance, does anyone know what the minimum score for Group A was this year? Thanks.