Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:07 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: CEM test Trafford
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:14 am 

Yes it goes on distance from the school first. We live a 5 minute walk from school and where we are if you pass regardless of score you are offered a place.

Anyone on here dine a local review?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:14 am 

Yes it goes on distance from the school first. We live a 5 minute walk from school and where we are if you pass regardless of score you are offered a place.

Anyone on here done a local review?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:14 am 

Many thanks to Tiddlymun & Mandy21 for your advice. We're not RC, we're Christians from other denominations and could get letter from our pastor. It's indeed tough decisions to make for school choices. We're not in Trafford and on my LEA form it has only slots for 3 school choices. Being ooc I don't think we stand any chance at sale (scored 349) and agsb (354).

Although my DS scored 364 for st ambrose I doubt his chances of getting in due to category he's placed in. I'm thinking of UGS (scored 352) as 1st choice and SGS (scored 361) given that both schools said first top 20 get in irrespective of distance to school. That's if he's in top 20; UGS said lowest score in top 20 385 but that may likely drop as admission process continues.

Really fingers crossed! I've calmed my ds down by saying that if does not happen he may be accepted at an outstanding Local high school in our area which I intend to put as 3rd choice.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:37 am 

Maximeo wrote:
Many thanks to Tiddlymun & Mandy21 for your advice. We're not RC, we're Christians from other denominations and could get letter from our pastor. It's indeed tough decisions to make for school choices. We're not in Trafford and on my LEA form it has only slots for 3 school choices. Being ooc I don't think we stand any chance at sale (scored 349) and agsb (354).

Although my DS scored 364 for st ambrose I doubt his chances of getting in due to category he's placed in. I'm thinking of UGS (scored 352) as 1st choice and SGS (scored 361) given that both schools said first top 20 get in irrespective of distance to school. That's if he's in top 20; UGS said lowest score in top 20 385 but that may likely drop as admission process continues.

Really fingers crossed! I've calmed my ds down by saying that if does not happen he may be accepted at an outstanding Local high school in our area which I intend to put as 3rd choice.

Maximeo - that's a really tough call in terms of choices if you only have 3 because unfortunately, I don't think those scores will be top 20 for either Urmston or Stretford. If 385 is the lowest top 20 score for Urmston, I don't think it will drop to the 350s. Are you too far OOC for those schools to get a normal (i.e. not top 20) OOC place?

I have heard from a friend at a local Catholic school that more boys than usual passed for AGSB so will be taking up places there rather than St Ambrose this year - whether that means they offer up to other Christians remains to be seen.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:19 pm 

I agree that those scores are unlikely to be in the top 20 for Urmston or Stretford. I think last year the top 20 score was around 390 for Stretford.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:25 pm 

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I have logged onto to this forum. My DC sat the exam many years ago the eldest is at university. The reason I am back is my nephew is going to be doing the 11 plus this year and he is out of the catchment area. Now when my eldest sat the AGSB catchment area was smaller and many children use to pass from Cheadle (and Didsbury) and attend AGSB. Since the catchment area has increased I am assuming the OOC score has increased significantly. My DS got around 375 and sailed through with that score however if he had sat the exam now I don't think he would have got a place.

I know this might be difficult to answer but when DS was preparing for the exam he was scoring between 70 - 80% in the GL assessment packs (A,B.C, D). I would like to know what % he should be getting in the practice papers for him to be in for a chance to pass AGSB.

I know each year is different depending on the cohort and that is reflected in the standardised score. However, if your child scored a standardise score of 390 would you mind sharing what were they getting when they did the GL assessment practice papers? It would just give us a rough idea what he should be aiming for.

Thanks in advance.

Scooby 1

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11