Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:50 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:37 am 

This year’s cohort seem to have been particularly quiet. Hopefully that means everyone is reasonably panic free.

My DD is taking the exam at SGS a week today. She did a timed paper on Saturday and we went through it together yesterday. I’ve told her that we will call it a day there so she has the week off exam prep.

She’s a positive little thing so I don’t have anxiety about her self esteem if she doesn’t pass. Was very different when my DS went through it!

I just wanted to say to everyone who is going through it this year - I hope your DCs have a chilled out week and good luck for Monday! Not long now...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:51 pm 

Good luck on Monday everyone! The end is in sight..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:46 pm 

Daughter having a wonderful afternoon shopping alone with a friend for the first time completely forgetting the exam and I met a mum in the queue whose eldest is really happy at BTH, a good day for both of us as she said the exam was really hard edited by moderator! Doesn’t bode well but good luck to everyone.

Last edited by mayday on Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:35 pm 

mayday wrote:
Daughter having a wonderful afternoon shopping alone for the first time completely forgetting the exam and I met a mum in the queue whose eldest is really happy at BTH, a good day for both of us as she said the exam was really hard! Doesn’t bode well but good luck to everyone.

That’s nice to hear :)
My daughter said the test was super difficult, lots of questions she wasn’t at all familiar with.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:42 pm 

mayday wrote:
Daughter having a wonderful afternoon shopping alone for the first time completely forgetting the exam and I met a mum in the queue whose eldest is really happy at BTH, a good day for both of us as she said the exam was really hard! Doesn’t bode well but good luck to everyone.

Shopping trip after exam sounds great! My DS said the same thing, glad its over, his first words were "11plus...tick!!" Enjoying the afternoon off from school as he was the only one in his class to have a later starting exam.

Post exam hysteria :P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:34 pm 

Lovely to hear how everyone has been relaxing. We bunked off school for the afternoon and had a play date. DD very pleased it’s all over.

Without giving any details away for people who may be sitting the exam late, DD said the maths was easier than expected but there was a lot of it. She didn’t finish the second paper.

Not going to ask her anymore now - she’s completely moved on from it mentally! The past is in the past.

I hope everyone was okay. I saw a couple of children coming out in tears but maybe that was the sheer emotion of the build up rather than the difficulty of the exam.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:50 pm 

My dd sat it today. Found VR and Maths ok but NVR tricky as her least favourite type of questions came up in this section. Glad it is all over - just a waiting game now and no idea what to expect

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:03 pm 

I assumed the late sitters got a different exam!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:33 pm 

Please do not give out details of the test, including content, question types, number of questions, timings etc as there will be late sitters who could benefit from this information.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:36 pm 

A New Member Here. I was wondering how everyone was doing in the exam today. My DD was glad that it is over now and does not like anyone to ask anything about it. Found VR bit tricky, Math and NVR was kind of OK.