Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:20 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:25 pm 

My DD will be taking 11+ for Lincolnshire area. As I will be self tutoring her, I'm looking for good books which explains the verbal and non verbal methods and techniques. I have heard that AE books are good. I'm particularly looking for non verbal. Are there any other books which anyone can recommend or attach the link if this has been previously discussed.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:24 pm 

Most Lincs schools use GL assessment tests.
( Not Caistor Grammar though, they set their own tests).
You can buy the practice tests online from Amazon, but get the multiple choice ones. When my dd revised last year we used a mixture of books, bond, athey and gl. We also signed up to BofA online, as they have a lot of 11 plus questions and ten minute tests, and when you get the questions wrong they show the correct answer and give the reasons why. From what I can remember it is approx 5.00 per month or if you sign up from 3 months it's cheaper. You can cancel at any time.

Another tip I used is to do a mixture of multiple choice and non multiple choice papers, especially for VR. If helps them to understand how to work things out and understand the types of different questions, they have to think more to get the one answer, instead of having a lucky guess out of the 4 or 5 multiple choice answers.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:57 pm 

I'm not in your area, but have you looked here: https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... re-11-plus