Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:41 am 

Seeking advice, opinions please. Trying to decide between these two schools. I have looked round both and have been very impressed with both schools. The results at both schools are outstanding, so these are not really part of my decision making.

I would love to hear from other parent's.
How are your daughter's doing?
I would love to know how supportive the school is?
How hard is your daughter pushed?
How do the school staff responded to you as a parent when you have any issues?

My gut feeling is that Grantham Girl's is a more beautiful school but perhaps more driven and pushy and that Sleaford High is less picturesque however is more nurturing and friendly.
Any opinions would be so appreciated. Many, many thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:46 am 

Hi Vanilla

One thing I that really shouldn't influence you is the look of the school - best school my kids went to was tiny, corner of the road with extra added portakabin!

In Lincolnshire I would also look at the ease of travel to each one - are you somewhere in the middle?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:20 pm 

I have several daughters at KGGS. I can't rate it highly enough - academically or in the terms of pastoral care.

My oldest daugher has just got a place at a very highly regarded university.

Yes they are pushed to work hard (not stupidly so) but they are very well supported and they play hard too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:23 pm 

Thank you so much for your replies, so far.
I fully agree about looks not being important. It's the ethos, etc that matters.
I have heard that girls at Grantham are pushed quite hard so it's quite nice to know you feel it wasn't too much.
Unlikely I know, but is there anyone who has had any experience of both schools to offer a direct comparison?
I know both schools are great but I am in such a dilemma as to which to choose. (Friendship and travel issues are the same for my daughter to both schools)

Thanks in advance :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:42 pm 

I would look in detail at the curriculum and extra curricular activities and decide how appropriate they are for your daughter. Schools often vary considerably in what they offer these days. As well as travel implications for activities out of school hours for yourself and daughter.

I went to Sleaford many moons ago and several of my friends have daughters still there or have left recently. They all seem relatively happy with the school. I only know one family with girls at Grantham who are also happy. All my friends have sent their girls to their local school, so I'm guessing there isn't much to choose between them.