Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:25 am 

Hi stocky, that makes sense. Allowing 2 non-quals admission because i heard they didn't fill all the places.

After a chat with my DDs school teacher this morning i really feel i need to question this, her shock was bigger than mine (which was reasurring), I have just rang QEHS this morning to request a chat with the lady who organises the 11+ and the secretary told me they were inundated with parents requesting to speak with her and she actually had quite a few parents in reception that had just come in without an appointment, she sounded very flustered. can anybody tell me if this is normal? I felt quite unnerved by even ringing for an appointment, dont want to come across as desperate parents **** bent on getting a place, but it would seem i am quite calm compared to some. I am happy with the mediocre score on test 1 but i think i am going to request to see NVR, both the practise and official test, because i know how she did in the practise and would like to try and identify what went wrong on the actual day. Anybody know if they keep these?

Flag, oh i bet you wished you had said that in the appeal, hindsight. yes a wonderful thing. I agree his 11+score was irrelevant at an OOC appeal

Thanks for the advise stocky, to be honest i had already made up my mind that if she didn't pass i wouldn't appeal on non-qualification and i am going to stick to that, i think what put me off was i have seen friends of DD1's just scrape through with low 220's score and they are finding it hard, bottom sets, lowest scores in lessons, they are having quite a miserable time (one of her friends has resorted to glueing pages together in her excersize books because she isn't producing the same amount of work as her peers but wants new books when everyone else is getting them). For me i just want to know her score reflects her ability in these tests, and at the moment it really doesn't.

I will let you know how i get on.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:22 am 

Just spoke to really nice lady at QEHS, appointment made for tomorrow to view papers and practise papers. Tomorrow i will know more. Happy with that!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:12 am 

Hi BB, the fact your DD's teacher was also shocked indicates something def went wrong. What is your daughters feedback on the day, did she feel ok in herself, was she poorly, I believe you can resit if you can prove she wasn't herself with back up.

They must still have the actual test papers, not sure on practice?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:21 pm 

Hi BP. That's brilliant you will know more tomorrow and hopefully get the answers you need. I think it is normal for the school to be inundated in the days after the results are out. It used to be worse 3 years ago when they didn't send scores out automatically and you had to request them. You can't resit the 11 plus unfortunately, if you are ill on the day you can sit it at a later date (about 2 weeks later), where a child doesn't pass the options are to appeal or to take another test in year 7. Look forward to you posting BP x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:31 pm 

Stocky wrote:
Hi BP. That's brilliant you will know more tomorrow and hopefully get the answers you need. I think it is normal for the school to be inundated in the days after the results are out. It used to be worse 3 years ago when they didn't send scores out automatically and you had to request them. You can't resit the 11 plus unfortunately, if you are ill on the day you can sit it at a later date (about 2 weeks later), where a child doesn't pass the options are to appeal or to take another test in year 7. Look forward to you posting BP x

My apologise I didn't realise it was only two weeks but that makes sense. Just received my daughter score, 260, so proud of her :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:30 pm 

Getting to see on the day paper and practise paper tomorrow, practise papers arent usually marked but they have marked it for me. Other things have also transpired today which may void the original paper, dont want to comment too much yet, but i am feeling very confused at the moment and quite fed up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:32 pm 

Hi,

I am just curious to know if anyone knows if there is a maximum score that can be achieved?

:?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:38 pm 

Max is 282 (141 across each paper)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:39 pm 

Must be frustrating BP. keep strong, you will know more tomorrow. Thinking about you x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:31 pm 

Sorry when i said original paper i didn't mean practise test i meant official test may be void. Thanks Stocky.x

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next