Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Admission chances....
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:38 pm 

Hi,
My DD scored 405 in Kent but we are OOC. She also scored very well in Bucks but we want to try 3 schools(Dartford, Tonbridge & Tunbridge).
I know different parents have different opinions from their experience, so I was just curious what chances we have in applying to the above schools.

Tx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:59 pm 

iruvanji wrote:
Hi,
My DD scored 405 in Kent but we are OOC. She also scored very well in Bucks but we want to try 3 schools(Dartford, Tonbridge & Tunbridge).
I know different parents have different opinions from their experience, so I was just curious what chances we have in applying to the above schools.

Tx

How far OOC are you?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:01 pm 

Buckinghamshire and Kent are quite some distance apart. Where do you live?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:01 pm 

Is this a wind up? You have just said on the other thread that you were OOC for Bucks but have just moved into catchment there?!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:39 pm 

iruvanji wrote:
Hi,

Tx

Have you visited these school? Which did you and your dd like?

Again they are several miles apart and even further from Bucks which is where I understand you have just moved to. If you are serious about putting one, or all of them, on your CAF I suggest you read the admissions criteria for each of the schools.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:53 am 

Please would a score of 376 be good enough for Wilmington Grammar School for Boys or Gravesend Grammar School for Boys. My nephew lives in Thamesmead. An idea of scores accepted for OOC last year would be great. I am looking but can’t seem to find this information. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:04 am 

theonly1 wrote:
Please would a score of 376 be good enough for Wilmington Grammar School for Boys or Gravesend Grammar School for Boys. My nephew lives in Thamesmead. An idea of scores accepted for OOC last year would be great. I am looking but can’t seem to find this information. Thanks.

Those 2 schools admit by distance and it appears you may be too far out. Holcombe Grammar School (Chatham) accept Kent results and usually accept children as far out as Thamesmead.