Post subject: Re: Judd
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:00 pm 

Thank you Twinkle!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:11 pm 

Feel free to pm if you have any specific questions

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:06 pm 

As I said before the 'argument' on this school is better than that school etc is probably not worth it......but just to briefly wade in that; how somebody reacts or what they think shouldn't affect your choice.......In our case....

DS scored well (OOC), he likes Judd, family as a whole like Judd, he will most certainly get in, so he is going to Judd in September.
We're lucky to have 2 local boys Grammars within walking distance whilst Judd would be an hour each way every day.
Yes we've had some discouraging comments/reactions....but I care less what anybody else (outside my family) thinks. He is going to Judd and would definately enjoy it and do well if he believes it.

DS is well aware he is bright and equally aware that nothing comes on a silver platter; so for him to remain amongst the very best he knows he needs to put in effort which he relishes and doesn't hesitate.

The key is to continue guiding him, as parents, to make the right choices in his schooling and life in general, as well as providing opportunities for him to do other things he enjoys; Orchestra, Sunday league football, athletics etc.

I even see positives in him travelling (bus or train) to school. Perosnal quiet or reading time, do home work if he wishes, catching up with pals etc.

So instinct should always rule.