Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:02 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:49 am 

Hi Rhinosflying, our DDs have very similar results on both NW and Kent tests, I just hope they will secure a place in of the schools of their choice. Best of luck, let us know what happens between March and August!!! :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:19 pm 

Rhinoisflying wrote:
My daughter got 220 in Newstead, 386 in Kent. And I live in Orpington. She was home tutored so couldn't expect more tbh. Now the confusion is if she stands a chance in Newstead as I am a bit reluctant to change my location. Also I am not sure of OOC score for Kent. I read that was 393last year but again I read in another website that it is between 360 and 370. ....Any suggestions on OOC for Tonbridge Grammar guys..and hopes on getting NWS.

Have you considered Weald of Kent - Sevenoaks Annex? There are lots of girls from Orpington in my daughters class and you only need a pass to get in then it goes on distance.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:59 pm 

Sevenoaks mum wrote:
Rhinoisflying wrote:
My daughter got 220 in Newstead, 386 in Kent. And I live in Orpington. She was home tutored so couldn't expect more tbh. Now the confusion is if she stands a chance in Newstead as I am a bit reluctant to change my location. Also I am not sure of OOC score for Kent. I read that was 393last year but again I read in another website that it is between 360 and 370. ....Any suggestions on OOC for Tonbridge Grammar guys..and hopes on getting NWS.

Have you considered Weald of Kent - Sevenoaks Annex? There are lots of girls from Orpington in my daughters class and you only need a pass to get in then it goes on distance.

Sevenoaks mum, so what was the distance from your home to the school? Did you get a place in a first round offer?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:01 pm 

Offer day went out to about 14 miles last year and then just under 17 miles (measures from the Tonbridge site) by the end. A map on the admissions pages shows exactly how far it went. Moonrakers links to a helpful map on this thread viewtopic.php?f=19&t=59432&p=729496

I know a DD who started in September who is located in Petts Wood and they got a place a few months after offer day, not in the first round after offer day but not massively late either.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:21 pm 

would be helpful if I could get answers to following two questions:
1. Is it possible to move into catchment for an year to get into school but then move out of Catchment after one year or so . Will it invalidate admission later. Is it a requirement for those who got selected under IN-Council ( within catchment area) to always stay within catchment ?

2. who do we need to inform about address change? is it through an email to kentonlineadmissions@kent.gov.uk ????

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:49 pm 

To be classed as on time for Kent the latest notification of change of address is early December. You can still move and change address but it wouldn’t be classed as counting in first round offers.

Whilst it isn’t always against the rules to do what you are saying it is walking a moral tightrope. Some LAs will have rules on length of tenure of a rental example or ownership of a property within so many miles of a rental - I haven’t checked Kent recently but last time I looked they were not as strict as many other regions.

Talk to the authority to whom you’ve already applied and ask what is the best course of action for a change of address into another LA. There may be a mechanism for withdrawing with one LA and submitting as a late application with another or starting with the original LA but just changing address and it being late - this won’t affect 1 March offers but does potentially jump someone to the top of the wait list.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:39 pm 

Rhinoisflying wrote:
1. Is it possible to move into catchment for an year to get into school but then move out of Catchment after one year or so . Will it invalidate admission later. Is it a requirement for those who got selected under IN-Council ( within catchment area) to always stay within catchment ?

2. who do we need to inform about address change? is it through an email to kentonlineadmissions@kent.gov.uk ????

Do you have a view on the person whose child you have deprived of a place by such a manoeuvre?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:32 am 

DD got in TOGS and we are very pleased :D :D .
Is there anyone out there who will be travelling from Elmstead wood, Chislehurst, grove park route or Bromley south please pm me. Will be great if the girls can get together and meet each other. Hopefully train journey will be less daunting when they are together.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:57 pm 

My DD was offered her first choice and will be joining Newstead Wood in Sep 2020!

Hip Hip Hooray :P

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:35 am 

Peter wrote:
Rhinoisflying wrote:

Do you have a view on the person whose child you have deprived of a place by such a manoeuvre?

This is not manouver. We were on house hunt and we quite liked the place we were thinking of moving to. Dont judge someone without knowing everything. Life doesnt go as planned most of the time. This forum is to discuss doubts, that doesnt mean people act as they ask questions for.