Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:51 pm 

In fairness all preps are not the same . My daughter goes to grammar and previously went to a prep that didnt prepare her at all. The school were not keen on kids leaving at 11. They were all about preparing for 13+. However the other main prep in the town is a conveyor belt for 11+ entry . I know this upfront and therefore i was fine by it. My daughter did mention she felt a little down that the school made no celebration at all of kids leaving at the end of y6. It was all about the y8 leavers!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:24 pm 

ToadMum wrote:
Moonrakers wrote:
countrylifeKat wrote:
Broomleigh - agree with you on almost every point. Just one correction - private schools are not allowed to prepare children for the Kent test either. It is not for me to comment whether some defy the rules and do so anyway as I do not have any evidence of this, but my kid went to local private school and I can tell you that they do absolutely nothing to prepare the kids, outside of the usual year 5 curriculum. To the point where the school will not even discuss the 11+. It is made very clear that it is a parental decision to take it and prepare for it outside of school.

Mine went to an independent school and I can tell you right now she was “prepared” for the kent test.

Or was it just extra lessons put on for certain subjects outside normal school time.....

Well, there's some proof for you, countrylifeKat.

Thanks Toadmum - not that I was asking for proof, just stating my personal experience.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:09 pm 

Hi
I m sorry for this stupid question, but where do you get the raw score? I checked online and I can see only standardised score. My son got 390 and I m wondering if he can get dartford grammar school? Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:39 pm 

Birenpat the raw scores are available directly from kcc. However they will not affect or change his chances of a place at Dartford.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:58 pm 

What score do people think will go this year for dartford grammar for dartford area?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8