11 Plus Exams Forum
http://www2.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/11plus/

Dartford Grammar School for Girls - 2018 Cohort
http://www2.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/11plus/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54855
Page 1 of 1

Author:  cheerupsleepyjean [ Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Dartford Grammar School for Girls - 2018 Cohort

Hello All.

My daughter is starting DGGS in September 2018. We got a place from the Waiting List only a few days ago. As we were offered recently, that means we missed the head start day. My daughter's very good friend is also attending (which is brilliant) and so the journey to and from Greenwich has been made less of a worry. However, my daughter is upset as she did not meet any of the girls in her form. I was wondering if anyone here knows of anyone or themselves have been given the Form 7C?
It would be such a relief for my daughter to have someone in her form, that she can meet up with before September.

Thankyou so much.

Author:  vegmad [ Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dartford Grammar School for Girls - 2018 Cohort

Hi Cheerup congrats on getting a place, it's a great school, I have a dd in y8 and she is enjoying it.

Sorry I can't help with your request, but i was hoping you could share your score as Dd2 will be doing the test in September and we are also in SE london so require a high score. :?
Thanks!

Author:  Sue.x [ Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dartford Grammar School for Girls - 2018 Cohort

Hi,

please can you tell me how much your daughter scored ? It would be a help for me bcoz my daughter is taking kent test next week and we are aiming for Dartford Grammar School too ***

Author:  xnataliax [ Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dartford Grammar School for Girls - 2018 Cohort

My DD has just been offerd a place from the waitlist for OOC.
In a bit of a dilemma to be honest as she’s just started at another Grammar School which is mixed.
Giving it some serious thought tonight.
Any advice gratefully received.

Author:  Sorrel [ Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dartford Grammar School for Girls - 2018 Cohort

xnataliax wrote:
My DD has just been offerd a place from the waitlist for OOC.
In a bit of a dilemma to be honest as she’s just started at another Grammar School which is mixed.
Giving it some serious thought tonight.
Any advice gratefully received.


Tricky one! Does she like the other grammar? Is there any big difference in ease of transport or another factor? Does she want the Dartford place now? My son's still on the waiting list for Dartford boys I think, having missed out by one mark originally, but he's happily settled where he is and wouldn't want to move if a place did come up.

Author:  kenyancowgirl [ Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dartford Grammar School for Girls - 2018 Cohort

Sorrel wrote:
xnataliax wrote:
My DD has just been offerd a place from the waitlist for OOC.
In a bit of a dilemma to be honest as she’s just started at another Grammar School which is mixed.
Giving it some serious thought tonight.
Any advice gratefully received.


Tricky one! Does she like the other grammar? Is there any big difference in ease of transport or another factor? Does she want the Dartford place now? My son's still on the waiting list for Dartford boys I think, having missed out by one mark originally, but he's happily settled where he is and wouldn't want to move if a place did come up.


So, remove him from the waiting list then, so that you don't delay any place being offered to another child who would want it....?!

Author:  Sorrel [ Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dartford Grammar School for Girls - 2018 Cohort

kenyancowgirl wrote:
Sorrel wrote:
xnataliax wrote:
My DD has just been offerd a place from the waitlist for OOC.
In a bit of a dilemma to be honest as she’s just started at another Grammar School which is mixed.
Giving it some serious thought tonight.
Any advice gratefully received.


Tricky one! Does she like the other grammar? Is there any big difference in ease of transport or another factor? Does she want the Dartford place now? My son's still on the waiting list for Dartford boys I think, having missed out by one mark originally, but he's happily settled where he is and wouldn't want to move if a place did come up.


So, remove him from the waiting list then, so that you don't delay any place being offered to another child who would want it....?!


Yes, that would probably make sense, though there wouldn't be more delay than a phone call. The reason I haven't is it's highly unlikely a place will come up anyway. Dartford is oversubscribed with first choices, has a ton of appeals and he was 13th on the list after the second round of allocations. But I'll drop them an email just in case.

Author:  Clawhit [ Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dartford Grammar School for Girls - 2018 Cohort

We got offered a place last year at DGGS 2 days before the start of term we decided to stick with the grammar school place we had and turned it down. For me personally it was definitely the right decision she has excelled at her current grammar and is definitely at the top end of the academic scale compared to going in low (relatively speaking). My son has just started DGS and is loving it I would say if you are holding a waitlist position and don’t won’t it definitely release it as once again one of the other children got in on the first couple of days of term so I know that wait list has seen lots of movement.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/