Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:06 pm 

1 month tomorrow, eek! Hope everyone is enjoying their summer, would have been so much nicer if the 11+ could have been in July :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:04 pm 

Hi

Don't forget on the actual day they do 2 test papers with a 15-20 minute gap in between. We did a couple of practices of doing 2 back to back otherwise the actual test day with lots of other people in an unfamiliar place and 2 test papers may just be too much. It's better to be prepared for it!

Good luck to you all. Almost there!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:39 pm 

Starting to get a bit twitchy now! Ds is off on Scout camp for the week. We've had our two week holiday and fitted in some practise and a mock test between the two. He's had a few wobbles this last week, but I think it was because he was out of routine.

Just need to go out and buy him some new pencils and a rubber, complete his ID form and run through the familiarisation information with him and then I think we're set.

This is third time around for me, but as the older two have already got themselves into GS the pressure's on.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:13 pm 

Will definitely be glad when it's all over. We're just ticking along with some 10minute tests and have done a couple of CGP practice papers. Lots of focus on timing and reading the questions properly. She is feeling confident and was looking at the Ribston uniform yesterday, just hoping nerves don't get the better of her on the day :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:26 am 

Eeeek it's September :shock:

How is everyone doing?
We've done a couple of practice papers, but mainly 10 minute tests and the assessment tests in the back of the CPG books - trying to still keep everything relaxed.
Still finding the maths timing tight - in the assessment tests we are not getting to the last 3/4 questions in the time, however the majority she has answered are correct.
In contrast she is having approx 5min spare (assessment) and 2-3mins spare (10 min tests) on the VR and NVR scoring an average of 67/68
It is frustrating that she won't be able to use that time in the test towards maths!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:32 pm 

Very similar here with the maths timings, trying to make sure she is answering the questions in the quickest way. Going to try and keep it low key for the next couple of weeks as she is getting a bit fed up and don't want her to feel too pressured.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:01 pm 

Same, not planning to do anything much once back to school/clubs
Maybe a 10 min test on the free evenings to keep things ticking over.

I'm quite glad that it seems maths is usually 25% of the overall mark as although she can do the maths with unlimited time, she's finding 30 short maths in 10 mins and 30 long maths in 20mins tough

I would say I can't wait for it to be over but I can feel that waiting for the results will most likely be the longest 4 weeks of our lives!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:51 pm 

I didn't realise that about the % for maths, how is it usually split then?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:33 pm 

From what I've read on previous years, its
50% VR
25% Maths
25% NVR

But obviously that can change as they wish.
I believe the different Grammars use the data differently however, for Pates you must get a certain % in each section to qualify. Again - this is just what I've read on here.

My daughter would prefer the 50% to be NVR - she loves doing them :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:57 pm 

Hi all - our 4th and final 11+ here. Feeling pretty relaxed and whatever will be will be. Get a bit anxious that I only know where the test centre is and no further information yet. Have had photos taken today as assume he needs them as we did last year.

Has anyone made any post test plans? It is all our son talks about (his special day).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next