Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:29 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:46 am 

hermanmunster wrote:
yoyo123 wrote:
emadalsuhaily wrote:
Really grateful to all of you. Your sdvice is really helpful.

I am planning to go to the admission department tomorrow. Anyone knows their address and contact details please.

KR
Emad

You should be able to find the details easily, just google Admissions for your Local Authority e.g. KCC

^ you need to contact the LEA of the area you live in not necessarily where the schools are located

C'est vrai, HM. I was assuming a Colchester resident from the other school named :).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:47 am 

Please do not just turn up without ringing first to make an appointment.

This is now top priority to you but you had plenty of time before 31st October to make it top priority and you did not.

They are not going to make you top priority and cancel things they have scheduled just to talk to you whenever you feel like turning up.

I have people do this to me in my job.

They just turn up to speak to me expecting me to stop what I am doing to speak to them and delay the things I had scheduled.

You are not going to make people want to help you if you do this.

You made the mistake, you missed the deadline so you need to fit in with them if you want them to help you.

Phone and make an appointment. DG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:27 pm 

Emad, what I would suggest is printing out the paper copy and filling it in with your preferences ie 1) CRGS 2) Gilberd etc...

If I was in your position I would also be feeling anxious as I know your son (like mine) has probably worked very hard and if it wasn’t for a silly mistake the application would have been submitted. We are all human and make mistakes! Therefore I do not feel you should be criticised for this.

Take the form to County Hall. They have a reception on the ground floor (next to a coffee shop) hand it in to the staff there tomorrow. You could ask them whether someone from the admissions team (duty worker) can come and speak with you. If they can they will come down and then be honest about what happened. Hopefully they will understand! If no one can come down then have patience, the staff are great and will take the form to admissions team that day. You may be lucky and the staff may include it the other applications and you may end up with an offer on the 2nd March.

Fingers crossed for you and your son! Hopefully he will get in (as I hope my son does)!

Keep me posted!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:07 pm 

By all means schlep down from Colchester (assuming youre colchester given the Gilberd is one of your options) to county hall but be advised most council workers now work from home and I can't imagine the admissions team do front line work talking to members of the public face to face.

Follow the process outlined on the website. It's there for a reason.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:08 pm 

Or take it to Essex House and hand it to reception there who will send it onto admissions for you

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:57 am 

So, how did you get on yesterday?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:06 pm 

FWIW, your second choice school is in the same consortium of schools as Colchester girls - same executive principal. It’s a really excellent comprehensive, if DS doesn’t get past the CRGS waiting list, which he may well do, in view of his score.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:33 am 

Hello everybody.
Many thanks to all of you. We went to the Essex Council and submitted a paper application form. We will wait until March and see what happens.
Many thanks
KR
Emad