Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:19 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:31 pm
Posts: 69
DD passed (I/c) and was allocated Shsg which was our first choice. With my older children, we definitely had to accept the offered place, but the email I’ve had seems to suggest that if you’re been allocated a school, you have automatically accepted the place.

Please can someone confirm for me that is correct? Do I not need to do anything?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 9073
Location: Essex
Appuskidu wrote:
DD passed (I/c) and was allocated Shsg which was our first choice. With my older children, we definitely had to accept the offered place, but the email I’ve had seems to suggest that if you’re been allocated a school, you have automatically accepted the place.

Please can someone confirm for me that is correct? Do I not need to do anything?


Are you a Southend or ECC resident? The Southend booklet says:

Accepting the offer of a school
place

Offers are automatically recorded as ‘accepted’
and parents will be given 10 school days to notify
the LA if they wish to reject an offer of a school
place. Parents who applied online will be able to
do this by using the online facility.


https://www.southend.gov.uk/downloads/file/5605/secondary_admissions_booklet_201920

If Essex, what does it say when you log in to view your offer? I'm fairly certain it has been assumed acceptance in recent years.

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:31 pm
Posts: 69
ToadMum wrote:
Appuskidu wrote:
DD passed (I/c) and was allocated Shsg which was our first choice. With my older children, we definitely had to accept the offered place, but the email I’ve had seems to suggest that if you’re been allocated a school, you have automatically accepted the place.

Please can someone confirm for me that is correct? Do I not need to do anything?


Are you a Southend or ECC resident? The Southend booklet says:

Accepting the offer of a school
place

Offers are automatically recorded as ‘accepted’
and parents will be given 10 school days to notify
the LA if they wish to reject an offer of a school
place. Parents who applied online will be able to
do this by using the online facility.


https://www.southend.gov.uk/downloads/file/5605/secondary_admissions_booklet_201920

If Essex, what does it say when you log in to view your offer? I'm fairly certain it has been assumed acceptance in recent years.


Sorry, I should have said-I’m Southend!

So I don’t need to do anything?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 9073
Location: Essex
Appuskidu wrote:
ToadMum wrote:
Appuskidu wrote:
DD passed (I/c) and was allocated Shsg which was our first choice. With my older children, we definitely had to accept the offered place, but the email I’ve had seems to suggest that if you’re been allocated a school, you have automatically accepted the place.

Please can someone confirm for me that is correct? Do I not need to do anything?


Are you a Southend or ECC resident? The Southend booklet says:

Accepting the offer of a school
place

Offers are automatically recorded as ‘accepted’
and parents will be given 10 school days to notify
the LA if they wish to reject an offer of a school
place. Parents who applied online will be able to
do this by using the online facility.


https://www.southend.gov.uk/downloads/file/5605/secondary_admissions_booklet_201920

If Essex, what does it say when you log in to view your offer? I'm fairly certain it has been assumed acceptance in recent years.


Sorry, I should have said-I’m Southend!

So I don’t need to do anything?


Well, it does say, Offers are automatically recorded as ‘accepted’ :).

Have you logged in to your account to see what the options are?

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:35 am
Posts: 16
We received a pack from the school (WHSB) and have to return a formal acceptance form and fill in online personal information forms by March 15, presumably so they can get a clear idea of waiting list places.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:59 am
Posts: 76
If you accept your place at your lower preference (offered) , but are on waiting list for 1st and 2nd offer - will you be taken off the waiting list?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 9073
Location: Essex
Janita wrote:
If you accept your place at your lower preference (offered) , but are on waiting list for 1st and 2nd offer - will you be taken off the waiting list?


No.

If you turn down the lower preference place offered, you may be home educating come September.

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:59 am
Posts: 76
OK thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2019