Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:51 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 557 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:11 pm 

Rickem wrote:
Rickem wrote:
CCHSG - 335.326

02-05-19 17th
20-05-19 15th

Had briefly moved up a place to 14th but now back to 15th! Grrrrrr.

Looking pretty unlikely now. :(

Moved up a couple of places today to 13th. Just a glimmer...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:20 am 

Janita wrote:
Shouting from the rooftops - yes, we received that letter today!

Got offered from the waiting list our First choice CRGS - Oh my, what a day, what a week, what a year!!
Two miracles in one week (no 1 - Husband Cancer free...no 2 offered our first place!)

We will now be releasing our space at Southend Boys High School (with some mixed emotions - as we really LOVED the school). Now we have only 35 min on the Colchester bus instead of 1h30 min on the Southend one. And we will most probably move to the area soon to be in catchment for Colchester schools to accommodate our daughter in year 4 at the moment. What a Blessed day!

15 March - 18th
18 March - 14th
25 March - 13th
28 March - 12th
2nd April - 10th
5th April - 9th
10th May - 8th
23 May - 7th
29 May - 6th
4th June -5th
10 June -4th
13th June -3rd
25th June - 2nd
4 July - still 2nd online admissions waiting list
4 July - Place offered at first choice (CRGS)
place will be released at Southend

We are still number 2 at online admissions though.
Hooray to someone who will be offered our Southend space.

Congratulations Janita...I am sure the weekend would spent on celebration

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:50 am 

Hi I would like to ask how they offer a place are they sending email or letter and how long do you have to answer? As we only have access to this address once a week.
My son in 2nd at the moment to CRGS massive movement from 22nd originality.
Hope someone can help me

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:11 pm 

If you have letter how long you have to make decisions and reply?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:23 pm 

Agatha85 wrote:
Hi I would like to ask how they offer a place are they sending email or letter and how long do you have to answer? As we only have access to this address once a week.
Hope someone can help me

What address have you given for school applications - it should be your home address! ?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:08 am 

hermanmunster wrote:
Agatha85 wrote:
Hope someone can help me

What address have you given for school applications - it should be your home address! ?

Let the cat out of the bag?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:55 am 

Not casting nasturtiums of course, Agatha85, but Essex schools / Admissions are quite hot on suspected address fraud. Delay in responding to an attempt at contact to which a pretty much immediate response might be expected (without prior indication of holiday / alternative means of contact for a defined period) would almost certainly raise concerns...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:04 pm 

First of, Janita... Many congrats on securing the offer at your school of choice, and I must say I really envy the 35 minute commute! And, I’m also very pleased to hear the good news with regards your other half. Very pleased for your family.

Apologies to ask such a question on this thread (Must confess that I feel a bit thick asking the question). Having finally worked out this morning how to make sense of the CSSE standardised scores, may someone please kindly advise how I can interpret the CCHS standardised scores? What does 108.33 actually mean? How do I translate an average of mark of say 70% in both papers to the scores quoted by CCHS? Thanks All for your advice and patience!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:07 pm 

We got our offer to Westcliff boys on Thursday 4th July and immediately released the place in Southend Boys we were offered. Westcliff was our 2nd choice. We are now in WL #1 for KEGS (it was 2 until last week inside catchment, seeing a movement now). Any ideas on getting a place in KEGS? Do I need to talk to School or Admissions or CSSE? Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:27 pm 

bala1000 wrote:
We got our offer to Westcliff boys on Thursday 4th July and immediately released the place in Southend Boys we were offered. Westcliff was our 2nd choice. We are now in WL #1 for KEGS (it was 2 until last week inside catchment, seeing a movement now). Any ideas on getting a place in KEGS? Do I need to talk to School or Admissions or CSSE? Thanks

The waiting list for KEGS is held by Essex County Council until the end of the summer holidays. But it won't help, really, to talk to anyone - unless someone with a higher score is added to the waiting list above you, if another place is given up, your DS will get it. But unless and until a place comes up, he will remain on the waiting list.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 557 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next