Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:28 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:25 am 

I have just rung green rail travel to check when to buy tickets and the yearly price and he said C2C may not be on the scheme next year as there is talk of them doing their own but he hasn't heard yet. Out of interest to anyone, yearly for Laindon to Southend East will be £566.20 (probably he said!)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:10 pm 

Thanks for the reply Toadmum :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:39 am 

Hi
will c2c be selling the scholars tickets this year ? my DD will be travelling to SHSG
Many thanks Eva

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:29 am 

EvaZ wrote:
Hi
will c2c be selling the scholars tickets this year ? my DD will be travelling to SHSG
Many thanks Eva

https://public.greenrailtravel.co.uk/scholars/c2c-rail-scholars-seasons.html

The message on the Green Rail Travel site:

Scholars Season for travel on c2c services are now available

If you are travelling via c2c Rail services to Chalkwell / Southend East / Southend Central / Westcliff you now have to purchase your scholars season ticket directly from c2c Rail (please see the links below).

For your reference, a map showing the lines that c2c Rail operate is shown to the left. If you are travelling to Southend Victoria or Prittlewell, you will need to go back to the main scholars menu at the top of the screen and select your ticket type from there

***PLEASE NOTE***

With effect from the Spring term, Jan 2019, c2c are fulfilling their own Student season tickets (please see the links below). Scholars Season Tickets are no longer available through this office or on this website. You can save up to a 1/3 off travel when you buy a Weekly, Monthly, Term or Annual Season ticket through the c2c Student Smartcard.  

Apply for your Student Smartcard at http://www.c2c-online.co.uk

Or click on this text for a direct link to the c2c Student Smartcard Page
(https://www.c2c-online.co.uk/tickets-and-fares/smart-student/?utm_campaign=smartcard-promo
- sorry, hyperlink doesn't 'travel' and I've forgotten how to do them on here).

The c2c Student Smartcard is only for 16+, though, so I assume 11 - 15 year olds will just have to get a normal child season ticket, unless I've missed something. If you get that loaded on a Smartcard, though, it at least solves the problem of the cardboard ones becoming unreadable by the machines part way through the year.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:05 pm 

Thanks Toadmum :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:41 pm 

c2c now have a ITSO Photo smart card for 5-15 year olds. You can buy child session tickets, FLEXI session , monthly weekly ...