Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:05 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:51 pm 

Hello

Does anybody know what sort of marks my son should be getting now on the GL Multiple Choice practice papers and Familiarisation papers, to stand a decent chance of passing the Bournemouth test in September?

Thanks very much

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:53 pm 

I was wondering this last year and couldn't find an answer. In the end my child passed with a score of nearly 360. We did the GL assessment papers you can buy and they had been scoring around 75% in maths and 80% in verbal reasoning and 85% in English against the clock (higher with no time pressure). They couldn't complete the maths papers in time and did best by picking off the "quick" questions first. Apparently on the day English was "easy" and maths was "the hardest trst I have ever done".

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:15 am 

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:46 am 

Hello, this time last year my daughter (GL practice papers) was consistently getting 90% on the VR, 85% on the English and 75% on the maths. She said GL packs 5 - 8 were the closest to the real tests and Packs 1-4 were much easier. My daughter did one set of tests per week during the holidays and she worked slowly through the CGP maths work book. This was enough prep for her and she didn’t feel pressured, in fact she enjoyed the work and felt ready for the tests on the day. She's looking forward to starting at PGS in September.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:46 am 

Hello, my daughter passed last year and is starting at Parkstone on Wednesday. She had no tutoring and we did the GL packs in September, no other prep. She was getting 55 - 60% maths, and 70 - 80% for English and VR. She found the actual test much easier than the practice papers. Good luck! Most important thing I would say is to get them there in a positive mood, be prepared for chaos at drop off, it was madness. You aren't allowed to get out of the car with your daughters, just pull into drop off space, they get out and you have to drive straight off.