Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:25 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:00 am 

Blue_Marigold wrote:
I believe the practice test must be completed before children are allowed to sit the actual exam. We were told that if our child was ill for the practice exam then they would have to sit that later and then do the real exam after that. It seems to be an important, non-negotiable part of the process and you can’t skip it.

It is not compulsory for out of county children to take the practice test. Follows a quote from Bucks CC

Quote:
Children who attend an out of county school
If you child goes to any other school, we will invite them to take the Practice Test, usually at one of the grammar schools, on 10 September 2019.

We recommended your child takes the Practice Test before the Secondary Transfer Test but it is not essential

Patricia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:32 pm 

Oh! That’s interesting. I assumed that because it seemed compulsory for us, it would be the same for OOC. I imagine it would be good to do a practice though - if it’s the only test they are doing it might be scary for a 10 year old sitting a test in a big hall with lots of strangers. It’s good to know what to expect. Also a practice run for parents so they know where to go and where to park etc so less worries for actual test day.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:00 pm 

Blue_Marigold wrote:
I imagine it would be good to do a practice though - if it’s the only test they are doing it might be scary for a 10 year old sitting a test in a big hall with lots of strangers. It’s good to know what to expect. Also a practice run for parents so they know where to go and where to park etc so less worries for actual test day.

Agreed.

Patricia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:12 pm 

It sounds like it would be a good idea to make it compulsory for everyone.