Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:25 pm 

anotherdad wrote:
You're welcome and thank you. I'm sure God will be looking out for all her 10 year olds equally when school allocations come round.

As they say ... Kids are closer to God

Hardwork and honesty would never go unseen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:20 pm 

I don't want to get the OP's hopes up (as I don't know the details for secondary schools) but when we attempted to move for a primary school (may be different rules) we didn't make it on time. However, we did exchange before the date and proof of that was enough information for BCC. We were also upsizing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:24 pm 

anotherdad wrote:
Ok, with the clock ticking, you'll need to secure a rental property ASAP and make sure you have evidence of it being your permanent home, which is usually confirmation that child benefit is registered to that address and that you're registered at the local doctors' surgery.

anotherdad, before I ask my question let me assure you that I'm not a "paying guest"! :wink:

But how important is it to be registered at the local GP surgery? The reason I ask is that we moved house two years ago and whilst most documents are on our current address (mortgage, utility bills etc...) we didn't change our GP and we didn't inform our GP of our house move. Back then the decision was based on the fact that we trust our GP and didn't like the look of the local GP's surgery.

If it's not critical then I would prefer not to change now just to prove where I live to the LA...but would appreciate some guidance on this.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:28 pm 

trimission wrote:
anotherdad wrote:
Ok, with the clock ticking, you'll need to secure a rental property ASAP and make sure you have evidence of it being your permanent home, which is usually confirmation that child benefit is registered to that address and that you're registered at the local doctors' surgery.

anotherdad, before I ask my question let me assure you that I'm not a "paying guest"! :wink:

But how important is it to be registered at the local GP surgery? The reason I ask is that we moved house two years ago and whilst most documents are on our current address (mortgage, utility bills etc...) we didn't change our GP and we didn't inform our GP of our house move. Back then the decision was based on the fact that we trust our GP and didn't like the look of the local GP's surgery.

If it's not critical then I would prefer not to change now just to prove where I live to the LA...but would appreciate some guidance on this.

I’d say it’s well down the pecking order. However you might want to actually tell your GP, as you could be missing out on important reminders for various checks and may be covered by a different health authority. Also GPs have a ‘catchment area’ not unlike schools and if you aren’t in their area, they will tell you that you need to change.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:30 pm 

Hi. I don't think it's critical, it's one of the things a LA could ask for as evidence, perhaps in the absence of other evidence such as child benefit registration. In the OP's case, because her circumstances are so shaky on time, she needs to do everything she can because hers is a case that might get looked into, as might any last-minute moves into area. Especially paying guests! :wink:

In your case you have ample evidence of a long-standing residency so there's no need to change anything.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:38 pm 

Thanks for the quick response. TBH, one of the reason we didn't change the address was for the risk of having to re-register locally.