Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:10 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:18 am 

Mammabear33 wrote:
Are you now able to tell us how many questions might be in each section of the new test? This was a questions asked before the first exams, which I imagine we may now know the answer too (and is important when working out timings for practice). Any help greatly appreciated!!

As the same tests are still being used until July, it's probably best not to discuss this until after then.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:50 pm 

I suspect the amount of questions will vary slightly each year.

The timing within each paper will probably remain constant each year - see the familiarisation booklet link in my first post.

Patricia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:56 pm 

Hi there

I hope someone can help. I've tried buying the GL Assessments – pack 2 recommended in the first post, but this link https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/shop/ ... Packs.html just takes you to the home page. I'm not sure which tests to buy. Can anyone update this link or make it clear what to buy? Or recommend any practice papers for the Bucks Test?

Also, my son is doing a little bit of algebra at school (in Herts) - just if '5x + 4 = 44, what is x?' type of stuff, and I've noticed there is some algebra in CGP 10-minute Maths book recommended in the first post. Does that mean there is algebra in this test?

Finally - does anyone have any tips for timings? Should my child be aiming for a question a minute? Should I set up a timer? Or is the Planet Bofa website style of questioning (10 minutes for 10 -15 questions) enough to help teach a child timings? I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thank you very much.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:27 am 

sookipixeldust wrote:
Hi there

I hope someone can help. I've tried buying the GL Assessments – pack 2 recommended in the first post, but this link https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/shop/ ... Packs.html just takes you to the home page. I'm not sure which tests to buy. Can anyone update this link or make it clear what to buy? Or recommend any practice papers for the Bucks Test?

Original post updated to show new set of GL Assessment Tests

Patricia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:26 am 

Thank you very much Patricia.

Full link is here: https://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/11-plus-13-p ... tice-paper

The link in the first post isn't working.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:23 am 

OK - so now that we are past July is there any more information available on the format of last year's test? Interested to know how many questions and the timings for each section and what were the 'different' things that came up? Would be greatful for any feedback that anyone has so that we can hone the skills learned over pas few months!!