Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:11 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:07 pm 

aug78 wrote:
vnk29 wrote:

Truly awesome news, well done again to your DD.

When have they invited your DD for interview?

Interview is soon. We have been informed that this isn’t result and we will find out when results are posted for all children. So another month and half before we find out if our DD has been given a place

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:20 pm 

vnk29 wrote:
aug78 wrote:
vnk29 wrote:

Interview is soon. We have been informed that this isn’t result and we will find out when results are posted for all children. So another month and half before we find out if our DD has been given a place

I would be pretty confident that if they have marked your DD papers and considered her to have such potential to be considered for one of the limited number of academic scholarship places, the emphasis being on 'academic', then she has passed.

I doubt they would invite students for academic scholarship interviews if they hadn't shown above and beyond the requisite potential in the papers....you should be very proud, your DD is clearly in the upper tier of candidates for this exam to be considered for scholarship...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:23 pm 

aug78 wrote:

[/quote]

Interview is soon. We have been informed that this isn’t result and we will find out when results are posted for all children. So another month and half before we find out if our DD has been given a place[/quote]

I would be pretty confident that if they have marked your DD papers and considered her to have such potential to be considered for one of the limited number of academic scholarship places, the emphasis being on 'academic', then she has passed.

I doubt they would invite students for academic scholarship interviews if they hadn't shown above and beyond the requisite potential in the papers....you should be very proud, your DD is clearly in the upper tier of candidates for this exam to be considered for scholarship...[/quote]

Thanks for your kind words. And good luck to you and your child as well. Has your DD sat this exam?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:28 pm 

vnk29 wrote:

Thanks for your kind words. And good luck to you and your child as well. Has your DD sat this exam?

Thank you. Yes, she did. Sadly, she was not so confident coming out of the exam. As we haven't been called for interview, it will be a long wait till December for us....

Last edited by aug78 on Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:30 pm 

aug78 wrote:
vnk29 wrote:

Thank you. Yes, she did. Sadly, she was not so confident coming out of the exam. As we haven't been called for interview, it will be a long wait till December for us....

Hope it’s all good news soon for you and your DD. Fingers crossed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:32 pm 

Thanks. How did your DD fair in the Bham Grammar exam?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:36 pm 

aug78 wrote:

My DD got score b/w 250-260, but she hadn’t managed to complete her nvr paper in grammar school exam and made some silly mistakes in maths from what she described.
What about your DD?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:58 pm 

vnk29 wrote:
aug78 wrote:

My DD got score b/w 250-260, but she hadn’t managed to complete her nvr paper in grammar school exam and made some silly mistakes in maths from what she described.
What about your DD?

240-250 range. We are out of catchment though, so will likely struggle to find a place in Bham save for KEHS (fingers crossed). Living in Bham certainly allows for additional possibilities in this brave new catchment world....

Only a couple of our DD friends scored 250-270, we know them quite well and they have not received KEHS interview emails. Your DD has done exceptionally well...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:03 am 

aug78 wrote:
vnk29 wrote:
aug78 wrote:

What about your DD?

240-250 range. We are out of catchment though, so will likely struggle to find a place in Bham save for KEHS (fingers crossed). Living in Bham certainly allows for additional possibilities in this brave new catchment world....

Only a couple of our DD friends scored 250-270, we know them quite well and they have not received KEHS interview emails. Your DD has done exceptionally well...

240-250 is a very good score. You’ve got a strong chance even with out of catchment area. We are out of catchment for CHG but we are going to put that as 1st choice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:08 am 

vnk29 wrote:
240-250 is a very good score. You’ve got a strong chance even with out of catchment area. We are out of catchment for CHG but we are going to put that as 1st choice

We are looking at either Sutton Girls or KE Handsworth for first choice.

Before I get shot down by a moderator for drifting from the original purpose of this thread, may I ask just for all our parental info, what further details KEHS provided you for the interview?

eg.
Length of interview?
Drop and wait?
Or all morning interview so leave her till later?
How many interviewers?
etc

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next