Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:32 am 

W/L still moving....just had a message from Five Ways just after DD got on the bus to Handsworth! Score 230, and we were 3rd on W/L last time I asked.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:45 am 

SouthBrumMum wrote:
W/L still moving....just had a message from Five Ways just after DD got on the bus to Handsworth! Score 230, and we were 3rd on W/L last time I asked.

Congratulations :). If you are going to take up the offer, I do hope you haven't cut the labels off too much of her Handsworth uniform...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:42 am 

SouthBrumMum wrote:

Congratulations!
Somebody on the HGS waiting list will be very happy too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:38 am 

SouthBrumMum wrote:

Congratulations to your DD! I have kept half an eye out for a post from you as my DD same score but a bit closer - we had offer late June. Will you accept? Suspect you must be near top of w/l for CHG too! How odd that people just don’t turn up first day of term!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:25 pm 

smarties3 wrote:
SouthBrumMum wrote:

Congratulations! This just goes to prove that every year there is a handful of parents out there, who for whatever reason, would hold on to their offered place even after taking up another offer.

I personally know one who still hold on to a place at BV even that they have decided since March to go to a private school! Hopefully BV will take note of his no show and offer to other soon.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:58 pm 

Hi just to let you know that my son was offered a place at Bishop Vesey today. He was second on the waiting list since mid August. We have turned down his place at KE Aston. He originally started off at 102 on BV waiting list!! There is movement. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:50 pm 

If places are being offered now from the waiting list and being accepted, well done to you. For those who had no intention of taking up the places being vacated (e.g. Already had an independent place or another offer elsewhere) shame on you. Disgusting waste of the schools' time, parents money on uniform, not mention the mindstate of those children starting a school and then suddenly moving to a higher preferred school.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:08 am 

Stressed mum of 3 wrote:
Hi just to let you know that my son was offered a place at Bishop Vesey today. He was second on the waiting list since mid August. We have turned down his place at KE Aston. He originally started off at 102 on BV waiting list!! There is movement. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone.

Great news. What waa his score so they can update the W/L positions on the front page?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:13 am 

Ricky74 wrote:
Stressed mum of 3 wrote:

His score was 220.

Great news. What waa his score so they can update the W/L positions on the front page?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:51 am 

Wildfuture wrote:
If places are being offered now from the waiting list and being accepted, well done to you. For those who had no intention of taking up the places being vacated (e.g. Already had an independent place or another offer elsewhere) shame on you. Disgusting waste of the schools' time, parents money on uniform, not to mention the mind state of those children starting a school and then suddenly moving to a higher preferred school.

I agree.
I've seen it on many occasions, some people are either too lazy to inform the school they will not be taking the place or just hold on until the last possible minute. :roll:
For those waiting it is extremely distressing being in limbo.

Fab news for those who have secured places this last week. Well done to your DC.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90  Next